In this post we will guide you how to embed Google Adsense Ad Unit in your post content. Here’s the complete procedure.
Adsense is an ad service from Google through which you can place ads in your web sites or blogs and make money from the clicks of visitors to your site. For sites that have a constant flow of surfers, you can make money from the clicks generated from the site. Using Adsense is often left to your web developer but if you were just a blogger, you should know how to tweak with Google Adsense to generate maximum revenue.
Getting the Most Out of Adsense
Adsense has turned out to be one of the best internet earning programs for people who write blogs. It has been observed that Google Adsense ads placed in the right hand side are essential.
Those critical areas are just below the post title or to the left or right of the post content. Sometimes ads are placed below the posts are not particularly useful while the ads in the middle of the post normally hinder reading.
For placing the Adsense ads to the left or right of your posts, first you must generate the Adsense ad code from your Adsense account.
There are many options available with respect to size of the ad frame, text only, text and image ads, or image only ads and ad topics too. Select the format that is most suitable for you. Next, you must paste this code into the code of your web page in the appropriate position.
Before attempting this novel method of using Adsense ads in your blogs or websites, you must backup your template.
Getting the Adsense Code
First, we must generate the Adsense code. This code is used in your web page source code to display the ads when visitors to your site view them. Follow these easy steps to get the Adsense code before embedding Google Adsense in your website:
- Login to your Google Adsense account.
- Under ‘Adsense Setup’ select ‘Adsense for Content’ and click on ‘Ad unit’.
- Select the format, color, and size of the ad and click ‘Continue’ to generate the Adsense code.
- Now you can use this web script to include ads in your web page.
How to Use the Adsense Code
The code generated above must be used in the text of your web page, to place the Adsense in the required areas. This means we have to get the code of the webpage and decide where to put the Adsense code within it. Follow these steps:
1. Open your blog or your web page from the web page host.
2. If you are using Blogger, go to Edit HTML in the Design tab and expand the widget templates.
3. Open the html file in any text editor like notepad.
4. Alternatively, you can use an Integrated Development Environment like NetBeans.
5. Alternatively, you can use applications like the Dreamweaver.
6. Use a div tag to place the code as given below:
<div style=”display:block;float:left;margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px;”>
<– Adsense code here –>
7. Use ‘right’ in the above code to place the Adsense unit to the right:
<div style=”display:block;float:right;margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px;”>
<– Adsense code here –>
Save your web page or template. Now folks, you have learned the trick, so sit back and enjoy the earnings made by your Google ad units.