If you’re like me, you’re probably always on the lookout for ways to make your life just a little bit easier. And one of the best ways to do that is to find ways to connect your bluetooth headphones to your Mac.
Now, I know what you’re thinking – there’s already a built in bluetooth feature on Macs, so why bother? Well, my friend, there are a few reasons. First of all, connecting your headphones via bluetooth gives
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Mac
Assuming you have a pair of Bluetooth headphones (such as the Apple AirPods), here’s how to connect them to your Mac:
- Open System Preferences on your Mac. You can find this in the Dock, or by clicking the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen and selecting “System Preferences.”
- Click “Bluetooth.”
- Make sure that “Bluetooth” is turned on. If it’s not, click the button to turn it on.
- Place your headphones in pairing mode. Consult your headphones’ documentation for instructions on how to do this; it’s usually a matter of holding down a button for a few seconds.
- Your headphones should appear in the “Devices” list; click on them to Pair them with your Mac.
Why Does My Bluetooth Keep Turning On
How to Stop Screen Recording on Mac
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone
If you have a pair of Bluetooth headphones, you can use them with your iPhone to listen to music, watch TV shows and movies, or take phone calls. Here’s how to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
- Tap the name of your Bluetooth headphones in the list of devices.
- If prompted, enter the passcode for your headphones.
- Once your headphones are connected, you can use them to listen to music, watch TV shows and movies, or take phone calls.
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your iPad
If you have a pair of Bluetooth headphones, you can use them with your iPad. Here’s how to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your iPad:
- Put your headphones into pairing mode by turning them on or pressing a button.
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the name of your headphones in the Devices list.
- When prompted, enter the PIN for your headphones (usually 0000 or 1234).
- Your headphones are now connected to your iPad!
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your iPod
- Put your headphones in pairing mode by holding the power button for 5 seconds. The LED light will flash red and blue when in pairing mode.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your iPod.
- Select your headphones from the list of devices.
- Enter the passcode 0000 when prompted, then press “Pair”.
- Your headphones are now connected to your iPod!
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Android
If you’re using Bluetooth headphones with your Android phone, you can connect them in one of two ways: directly to the phone, or through a third-party app.
To connect your headphones directly to your phone, open the Settings app and tap “Connections.” From there, tap “Bluetooth” and make sure the switch at the top of the screen is turned on. Tap “Pair new device” and follow the instructions that appear on your screen to complete the process.
If you’re using a third-party app to manage your Bluetooth connections, the process will vary depending on which app you’re using. For example, if you’re using the popular BlueTooth Auto Connect app, open the app and tap “Scan” to search for available devices. Once you’ve found your headphones, tap them to select them and then tap “Pair.”
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Windows
If you have a pair of Bluetooth headphones, you can connect them to your Windows 10 PC and enjoy a wireless audio experience. Here’s how:
- First, make sure your headphones are in discovery mode and within range of your PC.
- On your PC, go to Start > Settings > Devices.
- Click “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
- Select “Bluetooth” from the drop-down menu.
- Your PC will scan for available devices and display them in the “Add a device” window. If you don’t see your headphones listed, make sure they’re turned on and within range of your PC.
- Once you see your headphones in the “Add a device” window, select them and click “Pair.”
- If prompted, enter the PIN or passkey to complete the connection.
- Once connected, your headphones will appear under “Devices” in the “Bluetooth & other devices” section of Settings
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Blackberry
Assuming you have the Bluetooth headphones and they are in pairing mode, go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings (usually found in the connections tab) and select the headphones from the list of available devices. If prompted for a passcode, enter 0000. The Blackberry will then connect to the headphones and you should be able to hear audio through them.
How to connect your Bluetooth headphones to other devices
Your Bluetooth headphones should be able to connect to any Bluetooth device that supports the A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). This includes most modern smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers.
To connect your headphones to a device:
- Put your headphones into pairing mode by holding down the power button for 2-3 seconds. You should see a blinking light or hear a tone indicating that the headphones are in pairing mode.
- Open the Settings app on your device and tap Bluetooth.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Tap the name of your headphones in the list of devices. If you don’t see your headphones listed, make sure they are in pairing mode and within range of your device (usually about 30 feet).
- Once your headphones are connected, you should hear audio through them when you play music or videos on your device.