If you want to know about how to make USB port for DVD player, then you are at right article. Here you can get complete info about it.
Nowadays the use of USB technology has reached its accentuated best in transferring data externally. You will notice a USB port in every computer. Hubs and USB ports resemble as well as vary from each other in ways. The full form of USB is Universal Serial Bus that is accepted universally as the standard from of data communication over a short distance in between devices. USB can also run other devices by supplying power to those who do not have their own power source. In the market, you will get both wired as well as wireless USB, but only the wired USB versions have cables and ports.
A USB port is directly connected to the device to which the data has to be transferred. With the USB port, you can connect various kinds of devices to laptops and desktops. For example, you can connect a small DVD drive to the PC. If your laptop does not support the DVD drive, then connecting it via the USB port to the external DVD drive will at once give you the portability of the computer and the DVD player too. From your local electronic or computer store external DVD drives can be easily bought.
Instructions for Adding USB Port to a DVD Player
1. The very first step is to connect the external drive DVD to a source of power and turn on the device by pressing “Power” button.
2. Now one end of the USB cable is to be inserted behind the DVD drive device, and you will notice a port there; and the other end is to be inserted into the port that has been supplied into your computer or laptop.
3. Now we have to run the installation of driver CD into the disk drive in your computer; as soon as you insert the disk the installation wizard will notify you about it, and you will have to choose ‘Next’. As you do so, leave the location and installation name just as it is. As soon as you notice the ‘Install’ option, choose it.
4. Now that the installation has been done you will have to eject the CD for installation of the driver and then insert the CD for software installation. The license agreement will pop up, and you will have to choose “Next” with the same installation as well as location name. As soon as the “Install’ option appears, choose it. Once the entire process is complete you are ready to play movies via the DVD external drive.
Advantages of Having USB Drive in DVD Player
Nowadays some DVD players and recording machines support devices such as cameras. This gives the freedom to the owner to see the pictures and video recordings on television sets. Since it is fun seeing your shots on a large screen, most people would love this idea because very often televisions do not support USB connectivity. This hooking-up takes few seconds.
1. Switch off power from the DVD player and the other device from which you want to transfer data like the digital camera which is USB compatible.
2. Connect the USB cable to the port at the back of the DVD player having the arrow on the plug pointing up.
3. Now insert the plug on the cable’s other end into the digital camera. The USB port on the camera is mostly hidden under a protective cover that you can slide with the help of fingernails.
4. Now you can connect your TV with the DVD player and enjoy the still images and digital video on the TV screen!