A recent change in password may cause your password slipped through your mind. Get tips on how to unlock your computer.
With every computer user, there arises a problem when he/she forgets the computer password. In such cases, it can become really difficult for you to access your account and sometimes you are left with the last resort of reinstalling your Windows which causes you loss of all your data.
Well, not anymore. This post will tell you about the various methods have access to your account, without remembering your password, which have been enlisted below:
1. Windows Password Reset Wizard
If you had already created a Windows password reset disk in advance, you can very easily reset your password in case you lose it. The procedure has been explained below:
- Start your computer. Whenever you enter an incorrect password, you will be informed so. Right then, insert the Windows password recovery disk and click the reset password option.
- Soon, the password reset wizard will be launched. Click OK in order to continue with it.
- When asked to select the target password reset disk and then click NEXT.
- Input the desired new password and confirm it. You can also enter any hint in case you forget it and need help. Once you are done with it, click the NEXT option.
- Click FINISH and your password will now be reset and you can access your account with this new password later as well.
2. Using a shareware application
You also have the option to reset your forgotten password with some highly recommended shareware software that help you in creating a password reset disk, in case you had not made one earlier, and access your account easily.
Here we will recommend the ‘Windows Password Unlocker’ software that works well with all the versions of Windows such as XP, Vista, Server, 7 etc.