If you’re like me, you love Amazon. But sometimes, you just don’t want everyone to know what you’ve been buying. Maybe it’s a gift for someone, or maybe you just don’t want anyone to know how much money you spend on Amazon. Whatever the reason, here’s how to delete your order history on Amazon.
How to delete order history on Amazon
Deleting your order history on Amazon is a fairly simple process. To start, log into your account and go to the “Orders” section. From there, you’ll be able to view all of your past orders. To delete a specific order, click on the “Details” button next to the order in question. On the next page, scroll down to the “Order Summary” section and click on the “Cancel Order” button. Once you confirm that you want to cancel the order, it will be removed from your history.
Can I Delete an Amazon.com Order?
You can delete an Amazon.com order if you placed the order more than 30 minutes ago and the order has not yet entered the shipping process. Simply go to Your Orders, find the relevant order, and click the trash can icon next to it to delete it.
How to Hide Amazon Orders Using the Amazon Website
When you place an order on Amazon, it’s automatically saved to your orders history. This can be useful if you need to re-order something or track your spending, but it can also be a privacy concern if you don’t want other people to see what you’ve been buying.
Fortunately, Amazon gives you the option to hide orders from your history. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Amazon account and go to Your Orders.
- Find the order that you want to hide and click on the More actions button next to it.
- Select Hide order from your order history.
- Confirm that you want to hide the order by clicking on the Hide order button.
Once you’ve hidden an order, it will no longer be visible in your orders history list. However, it will still be accessible if you have the direct link to the order page (for example, if it was emailed to you).
How to Hide Amazon Orders Without Prime
When you place an order on Amazon, your name, shipping address, and order history are stored in your Amazon account. This information is shared with Amazon Prime, which gives you access to free two-day shipping, exclusive deals, and other benefits. If you cancel your Prime membership, your order history will still be visible to anyone who has access to your account.
If you want to keep your Amazon order history private, you’ll need to take a few extra steps. First, you’ll need to delete your orders one by one. To do this, go to the “Your Orders” page on Amazon’s website and select the order you want to delete. On the right side of the screen, select “Delete Order.” You’ll need to confirm that you want to delete the order before it’s permanently removed from your account.
Once you’ve deleted all of the orders in your account, you can hide your order history from view. To do this, go to the “Accounts & Lists” menu and select “Your Orders.” On the right side of the screen, select “Edit Order History Settings.” Under “Privacy Settings,” select “Do not display my purchase history.” Save your changes and your order history will be hidden from view.
How to Archive Order on Amazon
If you want to delete your entire order history, you’ll need to contact customer service. However, if you just want to archive a specific order, you can do that from your account settings. Here’s how:
- Log in to your Amazon account and go to Your Orders.
- Find the order you want to archive and select it.
- On the right side of the page, select More Actions > Archive Order.
- Confirm that you want to archive the order by selecting Archive Order again.
How to delete Amazon order history on app
To delete your Amazon order history:
- Open the Amazon app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the three lines in the top left corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Scroll down and tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Account Settings.”
- Tap on “Manage Your Orders.”
- Tap on “Delete Order History.”
- You will be prompted to confirm that you want to delete your order history. Tap on “Delete Order History” again to confirm.
How to clear your Amazon search history
It’s easy to forget that Amazon keeps track of everything you search for on its site. That can be a problem if you’re looking for something personal or private, because anyone who has access to your account can see your search history.
You can view your Amazon search history at any time by going to your account’s “Manage Your Content and Devices” page, but that only shows you the past 30 days’ worth of searches. If you want to clear your Amazon search history completely, you have to do it one month at a time.
To clear your Amazon search history:
- Go to your account’s “Manage Your Content and Devices” page.
- In the “Search History” section, click “Edit”.
- Click the boxes next to the months you want to delete, then click “Delete selected”.
How to delete your Amazon browsing history
To delete your Amazon browsing history:
- Go to Amazon.com and sign in to your account.
- Hover over the “Accounts & Lists” drop-down menu and select “Your Account”.
- On the “Your Account” page, scroll down to the “Settings” section and click on “History”.
- On the next page, click on the “Delete All” button next to the “Browsing History” section.
- In the pop-up window, enter your Amazon password and click on the “Delete Browsing History” button.
How to delete your Amazon account
It’s easy to delete your Amazon account. You can do it by going to the Amazon website and signing into your account. Once you’re signed in, go to the “Your Account” page and select the “Delete Your Account” link.
Amazon will then ask you to enter your password again to confirm that you want to delete your account. Once you enter your password, Amazon will send you an email to confirm that you want to delete your account. Just click on the link in the email and your account will be deleted.
How to delete your Amazon payment history
When you make a purchase on Amazon, your payment information is stored in your account for future use. However, you may not want to keep this information on file if you’re concerned about security or simply want to clean up your account history. Here’s how to delete your Amazon payment history.
- Log in to your Amazon account and hover over the “Accounts & Lists” drop-down menu.
- Click on “Your Account.”
- Under the “Personalization” section, click on “Payment options.”
- Here you will see a list of all the payment methods you’ve used on Amazon. To delete one, click the trash can icon next to it.