If you’re like most people, you’ve probably accumulated a fair number of drafts on Facebook. Whether they’re unfinished posts or messages you never got around to sending, they’re taking up space in your account. But did you know that there’s an easy way to find them? Here’s how:
How to find drafts on Facebook
To access your saved Facebook drafts:
- Open the Facebook app on your device and log in.
- Tap the three lines in the bottom-right corner of the screen (iOS) or the top-right corner of the screen (Android).
- Scroll down and tap “Saved.”
- To see your post drafts, tap “Posts.” To see your photo drafts, tap “Photos.”
- Tap the draft that you want to resume editing and make changes to it.
- When you’re finished editing, tap “Publish” in the top-right corner of the screen.
Why you should save your drafts on Facebook
When you’re writing a post on Facebook, you might not be ready to publish it right away. Or, you might want to save it to finish later. In either case, Facebook has a drafts feature that lets you do just that.
Drafts are a great way to save your work so that you can come back to it later. They’re also useful if you want to get feedback on a post from friends or family before you publish it.
To access your drafts, go to the left side of your News Feed and click on theDrafts link. From there, you can edit or delete any of your saved drafts.
If you change your mind about publishing a draft, you can always hit the cancel button. Your draft will be saved automatically so that you can come back to it later.
How to save a draft on Facebook
Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or iPad.
Tap the “More” tab in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
Scroll down and tap “Saved.”
Tap “Edit” in the top-right corner of the screen.
Tap “Drafts” to open the drafts folder. If you don’t see any drafts, that means you don’t have any saved.
To save a new draft, tap the ” + ” sign in the top-left corner of the screen.
Enter your post’s text and then tap “Done” in the top-right corner when you’re finished.
How to make sure your drafts are saved on Facebook
If you’re working on a long post or message on Facebook, you may want to save it as a draft so you can come back to it later. Here’s how to do that:
- Start writing your post or message.
- Click the “More” icon in the top-right corner of the screen (it looks like three dots).
- Click “Save Draft.”
- To access your saved drafts, click the “More” icon again and then select “Drafts.”
How to share a draft on Facebook
Once you’ve created a post, you can save it as a draft so you can finish it later. To do this:
Click Edit Post in the top-right of your post.
Click Save Draft in the bottom-left of the pop-up window.
Your post will be saved as a draft and only you will be able to see it. To find your draft posts:
How to edit a draft on Facebook
To edit a draft on Facebook:
- Click the pencil icon in the top right of the post.
- Select Edit Post.
- Make your changes and click Save.
How to delete a draft on Facebook
If you no longer need a draft that you created on Facebook, you can delete it. To do this:
- Go to the composer and click the drafts icon in the bottom left corner.
- Hover over the draft you want to delete and click the X that appears in the top right corner
- Click Delete when prompted
How to view a draft on Facebook
You can view your draft post by going to the “Drafts” tab on your profile page. The number of drafts you have will be listed next to the tab. To view a specific draft, click on the title of the draft post. This will open up the post so that you can make changes and post it to your timeline.
How to create a draft on Facebook
To create a draft on Facebook:
- Click the down arrow on the top right of the Facebook home page and select “Create Draft.”
- Type your message in the box that appears.
- Click “Share” to post your draft to your timeline.
How to manage drafts on Facebook
To view or delete a saved draft:
- Tap in the top right of your News Feed.
- Scroll down and tap Saved.
- Tap next to the draft you want to view or delete, then tap or Delete Draft.
What to do if you can’t find your drafts on Facebook
If you can’t find your drafts on Facebook, there are a few things you can do. First, try searching for “drafts” in the search bar. If that doesn’t work, try looking in the “More” section of your account settings. Finally, if you still can’t find your drafts, contact Facebook customer support for help.
How to publish your drafts on Facebook
Go to your profile and click on the three little dots next to your cover photo. In the drop-down menu, select “Drafts.” All of your unpublished posts—videos, photos, statuses, whatever—will appear in chronological order. To publish a draft, simply click on the post, make any edits or changes you want, and then hit “Publish”!
How to delete your drafts on Facebook
If you want to get rid of a draft on Facebook, simply open up the draft post and click the “Delete” button. Once you’ve done that, the post will be removed from your drafts folder and will no longer be accessible.