If you’ve ever had the unfortunate experience of your AirPods cutting out while you’re in the middle of a phone call, you know how frustrating it can be. But fear not – there is a way to fix this pesky problem!
Introduction – Airpods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
It can be really frustrating when your AirPods are connected to your iPhone but the sound is still coming from the phone’s speaker. In this article, we’ll show you how to fix this problem so you can start enjoying your AirPods again.
Why does this “AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone” error occur?
The error “AirPods connected but sound coming from phone” can occur for a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it is simply a matter of the phone being muted or on vibrate mode. Another possibility is that the audio is being routed to another Bluetooth device, such as a speaker or car stereo. It could also be that the AirPods are not properly paired with the iPhone. If none of these solutions work, then there may be a problem with the AirPods themselves and you will need to contact Apple for support.
How to fix the error?
There are a few things you can try to fix this error:
- Restart your iPhone: Press and hold the sleep/wake button on your iPhone until the “Slide to power off” slider appears. Slide the slider to power off your iPhone. Once your iPhone is turned off, press and hold the sleep/wake button again until you see the Apple logo.
- Check your AirPods: Make sure that your AirPods are turned on and charged. You can check the charge level of your AirPods by opening the case next to your iPhone. A green light indicates that they are fully charged, while an amber light means that they need to be charged.
- Check for debris in your AirPods: If there is debris or wax build-up in your AirPods, it could be blocking the sound from coming through clearly. To clean your AirPods, simply wipe them down with a soft, dry cloth.
- Check for software updates: Outdated software can sometimes cause problems with audio devices like AirPods. To check for updates, open the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on General > Software Update. If there is an update available, tap on Download and Install to install it.
Tips to avoid the error
If you’re getting the “AirPods connected but sound coming from phone” error, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
First, make sure that your AirPods are in their charging case and that the case is charged. Next, check to see if the AirPods are properly paired with your iPhone. If they’re not, unpair them and then pair them again.
If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your AirPods. To do this, press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for at least 15 seconds. Once the light on the front of the case turns white, your AirPods have been reset and you can try pairing them again.
If you’ve tried all of these things and you’re still getting the “AirPods connected but sound coming from phone” error, there may be something wrong with your AirPods or your iPhone. In this case, you may need to get a new pair of airPods or have your iPhone serviced.
How to fix AirPods when they are not connecting to your phone
First and foremost, make sure that your AirPods are sufficiently charged. If they’re not, then they may not have enough power to connect to your phone. If they are charged, then try resetting them by pressing and holding the button on the back of the charging case for 15 seconds. Once they’ve reset, try reconnecting them to your phone.
If that doesn’t work, try restarting your phone. Sometimes, a simple restart can solve various connection issues.
Finally, if all else fails, it’s possible that your AirPods are simply not compatible with your phone. In this case, you’ll need to get a new pair of headphones or use a different type of headphones with your phone.
How to fix airpods when they are not staying connected to your phone
If your AirPods are connected but you’re hearing sound from your iPhone instead of your AirPods, make sure that your AirPods are selected as the audio output device.
- Open Control Center, then tap.
- Tap the Output button.
- Tap your AirPods in the list.
How to fix AirPods when they are not charging
This error can be caused by a variety of factors, but the most common is simply that your AirPods need to be reset. You can try this by putting your AirPods in their case, then pressing and holding the setup button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds. If that doesn’t work, you may need to completely reset your AirPods by following these steps:
- Open the case, then press and hold the setup button for about 15 seconds.
- While still holding the setup button, make sure that you also press and hold the round volume button on either AirPod for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds have passed, release both buttons and wait for your AirPods to restart.
- Try connecting to your iPhone or iPad again and see if the problem has been fixed.
How to fix AirPods when the sound is cutting in and out
If your AirPods are connected but the sound is coming from your phone, there might be a problem with your connection. First, make sure that you’re using the correct headphones. If you’re using Bluetooth headphones, check to see if they’re connected to your device. If they are, try disconnecting and reconnecting them. Next, try restarting your phone and reconnecting your AirPods. Finally, if all else fails, try resetting your AirPods.
If you have AppleCare+, you can use it to get your AirPods replaced. If you don’t have AppleCare+, you’ll pay the out-of-warranty fee, which is $69 in the United States.