In this article we will tell you about windows 8 advantage and disadvantage. Here’s the complete detail.
Windows 8 is the latest version of Windows operating system after Windows 7. It comes with improved file system, security components, network stacks, drivers, media and graphic support. It supports high resolution graphics and multi-core CPUs. Windows 8 has Internet Explorer 10 as a built-in web browser for improved web accessibility. One of the main features of Window 8 is the app platform with touch screen input. Apps can be downloaded from the Windows Store.
Advantages of Windows 8
- It is optimized for the touch devices. Windows 8 uses the ‘Metro’ interface which is improved for touch screen devices featuring a new ‘Start screen’.
- It supports the low-power ARM architecture. It has advanced security features such as antivirus capabilities and supports secure boot.
- It has short boot time. Windows 8 boot time takes less than 8 seconds which is much shorter than its earlier version.
- There is no need for the PC upgrade to run Windows 8. Any PC which is able to run Windows 7 on it can run Windows 8 and there is no need to upgrade PC.
- One of the main features of Window 8 is the app platform. Windows Store has a number of apps that are built for Windows 8.
- Windows 8 also supports Near Field Communications (NFC) printing. A technology which can aid in financial transactions digitally.
Disadvantages of Windows 8
- The main disadvantage of Windows 8 is overlapping of Metro and Aero User Interface. Switching between Metro applications and desktop applications is not user-friendly and creates confusion for the users and the developers.
- There is no way to turn the home screen tiles into icons. When a number of apps are installed, then the Start screen looks garbled.
- It is very difficult to swap between different screens. The absence of Alt-Tab function makes it difficult when working with many applications as there is no easy way to switch between programs.
- Another disadvantage of Windows 8 is the Metro multitasking. In Windows 8, in the Metro interface for tablets, the screen display two applications are lined.
- Metro interface works well on tablets but the User Interface is not very compatible on the desktop. There is a need of some kill-switch which can turn the Metro UI off.
- Windows 8 doesn’t support any flash content on Tablet PC. Apparently, it has been done in order to save battery of the Tablet. It also protects our privacy and enhance the security of the Tablet.
These are some advantages and disadvantages of Windows 8 operating system. Windows 8 emphasises on touch screen technology which is significant for Tablet PC users but is an inconvenience to the desktop users. Some pre installed apps are lacking functionality while others give entertaining experience.