Twitter notifications are emails that are sent for keeping users up-to-date. Get tips on how to stop email notifications from Twitter.
You can get your Twitter notification as a means of email updates which Twitter mails you in order to keep you updated of the activities which involve your Twitter account. These mails can be of various types. You can receive notifications for messages that you get from any other Twitter user. You can also be notified via mail whenever your username is mentioned by another Twitter user. There are some notifications that you are bound to receive by default when you sign up for any new Twitter account. On the other hand, you are allowed to modify the notification preferences whenever you may like to. Here is the process of turning off every Twitter notification altogether.
- The first step is to log in. You can access your log in page on Twitter by going to the website. When you click on “Sign in” at the corner (upper right), you will be asked to provide the username and the password. In case, you are not regular on Twitter, you may forget either the username or the password or both. You must retrieve the same if required as the process cannot be done without logging in to Twitter.
- After signing in, you will notice a gear icon which is located at the corner (upper right again). Click on the gear icon and then you will find an option called “Settings”. Click on that to go to the settings page. There are various options which will appear on the settings page. This page basically allows you to manage and personalize your account in various possible ways.
- Here you will find an option called “Email notifications”. The option is to the left of the settings menu. This is where you can turn off email notifications. Alternately, you can also turn on email notification on the page itself.
- You have to uncheck the boxes for each notification which you will find on Notification page. There are various kinds of notifications which can be turned off. The list includes messages which you get from any other Twitter user. You can also turn off messages which inform you regarding Twitter activities involving your tweets. Additionally, you can even turn off every update that Twitter sends you for notifying about the changes in the policy and service.
- Now you have to click “Save changes” for finalizing the process. If you do not “Save changes” and move off the page, the changes are not going to take place. When you successfully finish the process of turning off the Twitter notifications, you are not going to receive any more email regarding your Twitter activities.
- On the other hand, when you turn off the notifications from Twitter, you should be regular enough to check the notifications by going to the Twitter account itself. You can check DMs (direct messages) which you receive from the people you follow. You can do this by clicking the same gear icon which you used for going to the setting page.
Hope this article about stop email notifications from Twitter helped you.