Roku is one of the most popular streaming devices in the world. With its vast selection of channels, Roku offers a wide variety of entertainment options for its users. Sports fans are no exception, as Roku has plenty of channels that offer live sports streaming. In this article, we will show you how to watch live sports on Roku free of charge. We will also answer some of the most common questions related to live sports streaming on Roku.
How to Watch Free Live Sports on Roku
If you’re a sports fan looking to watch live sports on Roku, there are plenty of channels available that offer free live sports streaming. Here are some steps to follow to watch free live sports on Roku:
- Install Free Sports Channels:
Roku has a vast selection of free sports channels that offer live sports streaming. Some of the popular channels include Pluto TV, Sports Illustrated, and the Roku Channel. You can easily install these channels from the Roku Channel Store by following these steps:
- Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Scroll to the left side of the screen and select “Streaming Channels”.
- Select “Search Channels” and type the name of the channel you want to install.
- Select the channel from the search results and click on “Add Channel” to install it.
- Browse Available Sports Events:
Once you have installed the free sports channels, you can browse through the available sports events and watch them for free. Most channels have a dedicated sports section where you can find live sports events.
- Take Advantage of Free Trials:
Streaming services like Sling TV, fuboTV, and Hulu + Live TV offer free trials that allow you to watch live sports for free. You can sign up for these free trials and enjoy live sports events for a limited time.
- Use a TV Antenna:
If you want to watch local sports events, you can use a TV antenna to access local channels like ABC, CBS, NBC, and Fox. Roku has several TV antenna options that you can purchase and connect to your Roku device.
- Use Streaming Apps:
Many sports leagues and associations have their own streaming apps that offer live sports streaming. For example, the NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, and NFL Game Pass are streaming apps that allow you to watch live sports events.
How can I watch live NFL games on Roku
If you’re a football fan and want to watch NFL games live on your Roku device, there are a few options available to you. Here are some steps you can take to watch live NFL games on Roku:
- Check if you have a cable or streaming subscription that includes NFL games. Many cable and streaming services, such as Hulu + Live TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, and FuboTV, offer access to live NFL games as part of their packages.
- Download the relevant app from the Roku Channel Store. Once you’ve identified a service that includes live NFL games, search for its app on the Roku Channel Store and download it to your device.
- Sign in to your account. Open the app and sign in to your account using your login credentials.
- Navigate to the live NFL game you want to watch. Depending on the app, you may need to select “Live TV” or “Sports” to find the game you’re looking for.
- Enjoy the game! Once you’ve found the live NFL game you want to watch, sit back and enjoy the action.
Alternatively, you can also purchase an NFL Game Pass subscription directly from the NFL website. With an NFL Game Pass subscription, you can watch live out-of-market preseason games, replays of all regular season games, and live audio broadcasts of regular season games. To access NFL Game Pass on your Roku device, download the NFL app from the Roku Channel Store and sign in with your NFL Game Pass account credentials.
Can I watch NBC sports on Roku
Yes, you can watch NBC Sports on Roku. NBC Sports has a dedicated channel on Roku which you can download and install on your Roku device. To access NBC Sports on Roku, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Roku device and navigate to the Roku home screen.
- Select “Streaming Channels” from the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Search for “NBC Sports” in the search bar.
- Select the NBC Sports channel from the search results.
- Click “Add Channel” to install the NBC Sports channel on your Roku device.
- Once the channel is installed, open the NBC Sports channel and sign in with your cable or satellite TV provider credentials to start streaming live sports, highlights, and other content.
Note that some NBC Sports content may require a subscription or a cable/satellite TV provider authentication.
How to Watch Live Sports on Roku Without Cable
Roku is a popular streaming device that lets you access a variety of content on your TV, including live sports. While many people think that cable is the only way to watch live sports, there are actually several ways to watch live sports on Roku without cable. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best ways to do so.
- Use a Streaming Service
One of the easiest ways to watch live sports on Roku without cable is to use a streaming service that offers live TV channels. Some of the most popular streaming services include Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, YouTube TV, and fuboTV. These services offer different channel lineups and pricing options, so you’ll want to choose the one that best meets your needs. Once you sign up for a streaming service, you can download its app on your Roku and start watching live sports.
- Watch Sports for Free on Roku
If you’re looking for a way to watch sports for free on Roku, there are several options available. One of the best is the Roku Channel, which offers a variety of free content, including live sports. You can also download apps like Pluto TV, Xumo, and Tubi, which offer free live sports channels. While the selection of sports may be limited, it’s a great way to watch live sports without paying for a subscription.
- Use a Sports-Specific App
Many sports leagues have their own apps that let you stream live games on your Roku. For example, the NFL, NBA, and MLB all have official apps that offer live games, highlights, and other content. These apps may require a subscription, but they offer a great way to watch your favorite sports without cable.
- Watch Sports on Network Apps
Another option is to download apps for the major TV networks that broadcast sports. For example, if you want to watch NFL games, you can download the NBC Sports app or the ESPN app. These apps require a cable subscription, but they also offer a variety of live sports content that you can stream on your Roku.