have you ever wanted to send a gif on snapchat but didn’t know how? well, you’re in luck! in this tutorial, we’ll show you how to easily send gifs on snapchat.
How to send GIFs on Snapchat
GIFs are a fun way to communicate with friends and family, and Snapchat has made it easy to send them. To send a GIF on Snapchat, simply take a photo or video, then tap the smiley face icon in the top right corner. When the emoji keyboard pops up, tap the GIF button at the bottom.
You’ll then be able to search for a specific GIF or browse popular categories. Once you’ve found the perfect GIF, just tap it to add it to your photo or video. You can then edit your Snap as usual before sending it off to your friends.
How to find GIFs on Snapchat
To find GIFs on Snapchat, open the app and swipe right from the camera screen to open the Discover screen. On the Discover screen, you’ll see a section called “Featured.” Scroll down until you see the “GIFs” section. Tap it, and you’ll be able to browse through a selection of GIFs provided by Giphy.
How to save GIFs on Snapchat
You can now save GIFs from Snapchat and use them elsewhere, like in texts or on Facebook. Here’s how:
Open Snapchat and swipe right to go to the friends page.
Tap on a friend’s story (or your own) to open it, then press and hold down on the screen to pause the story.
Tap on the Save button that appears in the lower-left corner. The GIF will be saved to your device.
How to share GIFs on Snapchat
In order to share a GIF on Snapchat, you must first download the Tenor app. Tenor is an app that allows you to find and share GIFs.
Once you have downloaded the Tenor app, open Snapchat and take a photo or video. Tap the sticker icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen, then tap the GIF icon. A search bar will appear at the top of the screen; from here, you can search for specific GIFs or browse categories. When you find a GIF that you want to share, tap it and it will appear in your photo or video.
How to create GIFs on Snapchat
To create a GIF on Snapchat, start by taking a short video. Then, tap the scissors icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. From there, select “Create GIF.” Snapchat will then ask you to trim your video down to six seconds or less. Once you’ve done that, tap the “Next” button and then select “Looping.” Finally, tap the “Create GIF” button and your, animated GIF will be ready to share!
How to add GIFs to Snapchat
To add GIFs to your Snapchat story, simply:
- Open the Snapchat app and swipe right to go to your Stories page
- Tap the settings icon in the top right corner (the cog)
- Tap ‘Manage Preferences’
- Under ‘Additional Services’, toggle ‘Animated Stickers’ on. You might need to restart the app for this change to take effect.
- Once Animated Stickers is enabled, you’ll be able to add GIFs to your snaps from GIPHY. To do this, just:
- Take a photo or video in the Snapchat app as normal
- Tap the stickers icon (the square smiley face) at the top of the screen
- Tap ‘GIPHY’ at the bottom of the screen. If this option isn’t available, make sure Animated Stickers is turned on in your settings (see above)
- Search for a GIF or tap on one of the trending ones. Once you’ve found one you want to use, just tap it and it’ll be added to your snap
How to delete GIFs on Snapchat
Open Snapchat and go to your Chats screen.
Tap on the chat with the person you want to delete a GIF from.
Tap and hold on the GIF you want to delete until a menu appears.
Tap Delete GIF.
How to troubleshoot GIFs on Snapchat
If you’re having trouble sending or receiving GIFs on Snapchat, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed.
- Restart your phone and try again.
- Check your internet connection.
- Try sending the GIF to another person to see if it works.
- If you’re still having trouble, contact Snapchat support.