If you’re like most people, you probably have an Xfinity remote that controls your TV. But what happens when you need to reset it?
Don’t worry, we’re here to help. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to reset your Xfinity remote. We’ll also provide some troubleshooting tips in case you run into any problems.
So whether you’re looking to refresh your remote or start from scratch, read on for everything you need to know about resetting your Xfinity remote.
How to reset your Xfinity remote
If you’re having trouble with your Xfinity remote, there are a few things you can try to reset it.
First, unplug the power cord from your Xfinity receiver for 30 seconds. This will reset the receiver and clear any stored data that could be causing the problem.
Next, try resetting your Xfinity remote by removing the batteries and then putting them back in. If that doesn’t work, you can also try holding down the power button on your remote for 10 seconds to reset it.
If you’re still having trouble, you can contact Xfinity customer support for help.
Why you might need to reset your Xfinity remote
You might need to reset your remote if it:
- hasn’t been used for awhile
- hasn’t been used in the last 90 days
- hasn’t been used in the last 6 months
- stopped working
- is unresponsive
What to do if your Xfinity remote isn’t working
If your Xfinity remote isn’t working, there are a few things you can do to try and fix it.
First, check the batteries and make sure they’re correctly installed. If that doesn’t work, try resetting the remote by pressing the reset button on the back.
If your remote still isn’t working, you may need to reprogram it. To do this, you’ll need to find your TV’s make and model number and then input that information into the Xfinity Remote website.
If you’re still having trouble, you can contact Xfinity customer service for assistance.
How to troubleshoot your Xfinity remote
If your Xfinity remote is not working, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
- Check the batteries: Often, the issue can be as simple as dead batteries. Be sure to check the batteries in your remote and replace them if necessary.
- Check the connections: Another common issue is loose or disconnected cables. Check all the connections between your TV, receiver, and related components to ensure that everything is plugged in securely.
- Perform a power cycle: If you’ve checked the batteries and connections and your remote still isn’t working, try performing a power cycle. To do this, unplug all components from power for 30 seconds, then plug them back in and turn on your TV.
- Perform a factory reset: If none of the above troubleshooting steps work, you may need to perform a factory reset of your remote. This will clear all customizations and settings from your remote, so be sure to back up any important data before proceeding.
How to program your Xfinity remote
If you have recently bought a universal remote control or want to use your cable remote and you need the remote codes to operate your CABLE set-top box, we have remote codes below for your TV that should be working. If the first does not work keep trying the numbers down the list.
How to use your Xfinity remote
You can use your Xfinity remote for much more than just controlling your TV. You can also use it to control your home’s energy usage, set DVR recordings, and even get help troubleshooting technical issues.
To get started, find the right code for your device:
- A TV: Power on your TV and point the Xfinity remote at it. Press and hold the “Setup” button until the button blinks twice. Enter the code 9-8-1 followed by the “TV” button.
- A DVR or cable box: Power on your device and point the Xfinity remote at it. Press and hold the “Setup” button until the button blinks twice. Enter the code 9-8-0 followed by the “CBL” button.
- To program additional devices: Repeat the above steps for each device you want to add.
Now that your devices are programmed, you can start using all of the features of your Xfinity remote:
- To turn on/off: Press and release the “Power” button.
- To change channels: Use the arrow buttons to navigate up/down/left/right to find your desired channel number, then press “Select.” You can also say commands such as “Watch ESPN” into the microphone on top of the remote.
- To search for a show or movies: Press the “Browse” button, then use the arrow buttons to scroll through genres or alphabetically by title. When you find something you want to watch, press “Select.”
- For technical support: Pressing the “Xfinity” button will connect you with customer support so they can remotely assist in solving any issues you may be having with your TV, internet, or phone service
FAQs about resetting your Xfinity remote
What do I need to do to reset my Xfinity remote?
To reset your remote, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Setup button on your remote for 3 seconds.
- Release the Setup button
- Enter 9 – 8 – 1 using the number pad on your remote.
- Press and hold the Xfinity button for 5 seconds. Your remote should be reset!
Tips for resetting your Xfinity remote
If your Xfinity remote has stopped working, you may be able to reset it using the following steps:
- Firstly, check to see if the batteries in your remote are flat. If they are, replace them with fresh batteries and see if this solves the problem.
- If the batteries are not the issue, try resetting your Xfinity remote by pressing and holding the “Setup” button for five seconds.
- If this does not work, you may need to factory reset your remote. To do this, press and hold the “Setup” button for ten seconds. This will erase all of the stored settings on your remote, so you will need to set it up again from scratch.