Snapchat is a popular social media platform known for its unique features, including the Snap Score. Your Snap Score represents the total number of snaps you’ve sent and received, which can be displayed on your profile. However, you may prefer to keep your Snap Score private for various reasons. In this article, we will guide you through the process of hiding your Snap Score on Snapchat. By following these steps, you can maintain your privacy and control who sees your Snap Score.
Table of Contents
What is a Snap Score?
Before we dive into how to hide your Snap Score, let’s briefly explain what it is. Your Snap Score is a numerical value that reflects your activity on Snapchat. It increases when you send and receive snaps, add friends, and engage with the app’s features. Some users take pride in their high Snap Scores, while others prefer to keep this information private. If you fall into the latter category, read on to learn how to hide your Snap Score.
How to Hide Your Snap Score:
- Open Snapchat: Launch the Snapchat app on your device and log in to your account.
- Access Settings: Tap on your profile icon located in the top-left corner of the screen to access your profile.
- Open Settings: Look for the gear icon in the top-right corner of your profile screen and tap on it to open the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the “Who Can…” Section: Scroll down the Settings menu until you find the “Who Can…” section. Tap on it to view additional options.
- Customize Your Privacy Settings: In the “Who Can…” section, you’ll find various options related to your privacy on Snapchat. To hide your Snap Score, focus on the following settings:
a. Snap Map: If you want to hide your Snap Score from friends on the Snap Map, select “Ghost Mode.” This ensures your location and Snap Score are not visible to others.
b. Quick Add: Disable the “Quick Add” feature to prevent your Snap Score from being displayed to suggested friends.
c. Contact Me: Choose who can contact you on Snapchat by customizing the “Contact Me” settings. Select “My Friends” or “Only These Friends” if you want to limit who can see your Snap Score.
How to Hide Snap Score from Friends
- Open Snapchat and access your profile.
- Tap on the gear icon in the top-right corner to open Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Who Can See My Snap Score.”
- Choose “My Friends” to hide your Snap Score from all friends.
- Alternatively, select “Only These Friends” to create a customized list of friends who can see your Snap Score.
How to Limit Who Can Contact You on Snapchat
Snapchat provides options to control who can contact you on the platform. Follow these steps to customize your contact settings:
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Tap on the gear icon to access Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Contact Me” in the “Who Can…” section.
- Choose from the available options, such as “Everyone,” “My Friends,” or “Only These Friends.”
How to Increase Your Snapchat Score
If you’re interested in increasing your Snapchat score, which represents your activity level on the platform, here are a few tips:
- Send Snaps: Actively send snaps to your friends and engage in conversations.
- Create Stories: Post engaging stories to your Snapchat account to increase interactions.
- Explore Discover: Discover and engage with the content provided by various publishers on Snapchat.
- Play Snap Games: Challenge your friends to Snap Games and earn points while having fun.
How to View Someone’s Snapchat Score
To view someone’s Snapchat score, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat and go to your Chat or Friends list.
- Locate the person’s name and tap on it to open the chat.
- You can see their Snapchat score beside their username in the chat window.
How to Change Profile Visibility Settings
In addition to hiding your Snap Score, you may want to adjust your profile visibility settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Snapchat and access your profile.
- Tap on the gear icon to open Settings.
- Scroll down and select “Who Can See My Story.”
- Choose from options like “Everyone,” “My Friends,” or “Custom” to control who can view your Snapchat Story.
Protecting your privacy on social media is crucial, and Snapchat offers several features to help you maintain control over your information. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can hide your Snap Score from friends, limit who can contact you on Snapchat, and control your profile visibility settings. Remember to regularly review and update your privacy settings to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience on Snapchat.