Platform to Showcase Innovative Startups and Tech News


Adobe Sign will Incorporate Aadhaar-based authentication in India Soon

Adobe Systems have made an announcement today about their plans to invest on integrating Aadhaar-based authentication to their flagship e-signature product Adobe Sign. It is one of the popular e-Sign solutions by major corporations including Microsoft and is already integrated with several Microsoft products such as SharePoint, Dynamics 365 an Office 365.

Adobe is a trusted digital document leader and through their e-sign solution, they wish to make it easier for users to collect legal digital and electronic signatures.  It also ensures  workflow templates to guarantee error-proof workflows for businesses and makes it easier to track and manage signing processes through Mobile App.

Adobe Sign

Adobe Sign

The company also claims their e-signatures comply with all security standards, industry regulations and legal requirements in any country.  They had recently conducted a market research named “Adobe E-signatures Indian Market Study”, based on which they had found that e-signatures is a rapidly growing market in India with a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of 57 percent. The study also reveals that the digital signature based transactions in India will exceed more than 90 million by 2020.

“Adobe Sign” will help Indian organizations to completely eliminate wet signatures by the adoption of Aadhaar-based authentication which also adds an additional layer of security.  Already e-signatures are being used by 30% of the companies in India and remaining 70% are yet to adopt this technology.  Kulmeet Bawa, Managing Director of Adobe in South Asia has stated that  “By integrating Aadhaar-based authentication to ‘Adobe Sign’, the company is trying to provide a first  of it’s kind solution in India that will make e-signatures legally binding. ”

Adobe has been keen with adding several default integrations to their product which can run directly inside SAP, Salesforce, Microsoft, Ariba, Workday and various other Enterprise Applications. This makes Adobe e-signature solution very easy to deploy for organizations since it will work seamlessly across most of the Enterprise apps.  By adding this Aadhaar-based authentication feature,  Adobe will become legally valid across India and this will increase the adoption of e-signatures among Indian firms.

Adobe also plans to open a new local data center in India since the businesses are preferring the use of SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions which are locally hosted rather than in remote data centers. Abhigyan Mode, VP of Engineering at Adobe Document Cloud stated that India is a strategic focus for Adobe and their engineering teams are focused towards providing customized solutions that will fit the requirements of customers in India.


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top