If you’re having trouble playing videos on your iPhone, don’t worry – you’re not alone. There are a number of potential causes for this problem, and we’ve got a few troubleshooting tips that should help you get your videos playing again in no time.
Table of Contents
Why videos may not play on your iPhone
There are a number of reasons why videos may not play on your iPhone. The most common reason is that the video file format is not compatible with the iPhone. Another reason may be that the video file is corrupted. Finally, there may be a problem with the connection between your iPhone and the computer that is playing the video.
Possible causes for videos not playing on your iPhone
There are a number of reasons why videos might not play on your iPhone. One possibility is that the video format is not supported by the iPhone. Other potential causes include a lack of storage space on the device, an outdated version of the iOS software, or a problem with the video itself.
If you are having trouble playing videos on your iPhone, start by checking to see if the problem is with the specific video or with all videos. If it is just one video that will not play, try deleting and re-downloading the video from its source. If you are having trouble with multiple videos, there may be an issue with your iOS software or with the storage capacity on your device.
Update your iOS software:
If you are using an outdated version of the iOS software, videos may not play properly. To check for updates, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it.
Check your device’s storage:
If your device does not have enough storage space to accommodate the video file, it will not be able to play the video. To check how much storage space is available on your device, go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage. If you need to free up some space, you can delete unused apps or files that you no longer need.
Restart your device:
If restarting your device does not resolve the issue, try resetting it entirely. To reset your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will not delete any of your data, but it may resolve any underlying software issues that could be causing problems with playing videos.
How to fix videos not playing on your iPhone
There are a few different ways to fix videos not playing on your iPhone. You can try:
- Restarting your iPhone
- Updating your iOS software
- Deleting and reinstalling the video app
- Checking for a carrier settings update
- Making sure that Widevine is enabled
Tips to prevent videos from not playing on your iPhone
There are a few things you can do to prevent videos from not playing on your iPhone.
- Check your internet connection. Make sure you have a strong signal before trying to play a video.
- Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can fix the issue.
- Close out of all applications and try again. If you have too many applications open, it can cause videos to buffer or not play at all.
- Make sure the application you’re using to watch the video is up to date. Outdated apps can often cause playback issues.
- Ensure that your iPhone has enough storage space. If there is not enough space available, videos may not be able to load properly.
- Try another video. If the first video you try doesn’t work, try another one. It’s possible that the first video was corrupt or unable to stream properly.
iPhone video playback troubleshooting
There are a few things that could be causing your iPhone to have difficulty playing videos. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to try:
- Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. You can check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
- If you’re trying to play a video that is in a format that is not supported by iOS, you may need to convert the video to a compatible format. There are a number of free video converter apps available on the App Store.
- It’s also possible that the video itself is corrupted or damaged. Try playing another video from the same source to see if the issue is with the video or with your iPhone.
- Restarting your iPhone can often resolve playback issues. To do this, simply hold down the power button until “slide to power off” appears on the screen, then slide to power off your device. Once it’s turned off, hold down the power button again to turn it back on.
Why videos may not play on your iPhone – part 2
If you are trying to play a video that was recorded in a high-motion format, such as60 frames per second (FPS), it may not play on your iPhone. Videos that were recordedin a high-motion format can only be played back on devices that support thatformat.
To play high-motion videos on your iPhone, you need to convert them to a different format. To do this, you can use a video converter tool. Once you have converted the video to a format that is supported by your iPhone, it should play without any issues.
How to fix videos not playing on your iPhone – part 2
If your iPhone is still having trouble playing videos, there are a few other things you can try. One is to close all open apps and then restart your iPhone. Another is to delete the video from your phone and then try downloading it again. Finally, you can check to see if there are any updates available for your iOS system software and install them if so.
Tips to prevent videos from not playing on your iPhone – part 2
If you are having trouble playing videos on your iPhone, there are a few things you can try to fix the problem. Here are some tips:
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.
- Update your apps.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Delete and reinstall the app that is not playing videos.
- Check your internet connection.
- Reset your iPhone to factory settings.