If you’re like me, you’ve probably lost your iPhone a few times. And if you’re really like me, you’ve lost it in some really embarrassing places. But don’t worry, there’s a way to pause your location on Find My iPhone so that nobody can see where you last left it.
Table of Contents
How to Pause Location on Find My iPhone
If you’re using Find My iPhone and you want to temporarily pause location tracking, there are a few different ways you can do it. One way is to simply turn off the Location Services setting on your device. This will disable all location-related features on your iPhone, including Find My iPhone. If you want to keep using other location services, like Maps, while still pausing Find My iPhone, you can also go into the Find My iPhone settings and turn off the “Send Last Location” feature. This will prevent your device from sending its location to Apple when the battery is low, but won’t affect other location-based features. Finally, if you want to stop sharing your location with a specific person or family member, you can go into the “People” tab in the Find My iPhone app and remove that person from your list.
How to Use Find My iPhone
Find My iPhone is a wonderful tool for tracking down lost or stolen iPhones. But what if you want to use it to track down a friend or family member? You can do that too! Here’s how:
- Open the Find My iPhone app and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Tap on the Devices tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the device you want to track.
- Tap on the Actions button (it looks like a cogwheel) and then tap on Pause Location.
- Confirm that you want to pause location by tapping on Pause Location again.
Now, whenever you track that device, it will show its last known location before location tracking was paused.
How to Find Your iPhone
If you misplace your iPhone, don’t panic. There are several ways you can find it again using the Find My iPhone feature. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device or at iCloud.com.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- Tap on the device you want to locate.
- A map will show up showing the device’s current location. If the location isn’t very accurate, you can tap on the button that says “Notify me when found.” This will send a notification to your device when it is located.
- If you want to track your device’s location over time, tap on the button that says “enable real-time tracking.” This will allow you to see your device’s location even when it is not moving.
How to Use the Find My iPhone App
The Find My iPhone app is an incredibly useful tool that can help you track down your lost or stolen iPhone. With this app, you can see your iPhone’s current location on a map, remotely lock your device, or even erase all of its data. Here’s how to use the Find My iPhone app to find your lost or stolen iPhone.
How to Track Your iPhone
If you lose your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or think it might be stolen, these steps might help you find it and protect your information.
- If Find My [device] is turned on on your missing device
- You can use the Find My app to find your device, take additional actions to help you recover it, and keep your information safe.
- Open the Find My app and select the Devices tab. Select your missing device. Click Actions and choose from these options:
- Play Sound: Makes your device play a sound at full volume for two minutes, even if it’s set to silent mode.
- Lost Mode: Locks down your device with a passcode and can display a message and contact number right on the
- Lock Screen. You can also track the location of your device when Lost Mode is turned on.
- Erase [device]: Permanently deletes all of this device’s data. This action cannot be undone.
- If you didn’t turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen
- If you didn’t turn on Find My [device] before your device was lost or stolen, you can’t use it to locate your device.
But if you have an iCloud backup of your device, you may be able to restore some of its data from that backup on a new or different device signed in with the same Apple ID as the original backup returned iOS 8 or later, macOS 10.10 Yosemite or later). If you believe your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac was lost in transit (for example someone stole it from Baggage Claim), see what you can do about a lost or stolen Apple product .
How to Track Your iPhone
If you’ve lost your iPhone, there’s no need to panic. There are a few things you can do to try and find it. First, open the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device or go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID. Once you’re signed in, you’ll be able to see your iPhone’s location on a map. If your iPhone is nearby, you can play a sound on it to help you find it. If it’s not nearby, you can see the last known location and set up a geofence so you’ll be notified if it comes back online. You can also remotely erase all the data on your iPhone if you think it’s been stolen and you’re never going to get it back.
How to Erase Your iPhone
If you lose your iPhone, you can use Find My iPhone to remotely erase all the data on it. That way, whoever finds it won’t be able to access your information.
To do this, sign in to iCloud.com or the Find My iPhone app, and select the device that you want to erase. Then click Erase [device].
If you can’t access iCloud or Find My iPhone, you can still erase your device by putting it into Recovery Mode.
How to Permanently Delete Your iPhone
It’s possible to completely wipe your iPhone and start afresh, but before you do, you should back up any data that you want to keep as there is no way to recover anything after a complete restore. If you have an iCloud backup, you can restore that, but if not, then use iTunes to create a local backup on your computer.
Once you have backed up, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings. This will delete everything from your iPhone including your settings, apps, music, photos, and videos. If you have an iCloud backup, it will also delete that.