If you have switched from android phone to windows phone and facing problem in installing apps then learn here how to install XAP on windows phone 8 without SD Card
If you were an Android user and now switched to a windows phone you might not be very happy with yourself. The reason is that you can download so many apps on an android phone whereas the Windows phone does not give you many options in this area. But of course there is a solution to this problem. XAP files are the files that are used generally for installing windows applications on the windows phone.
The XAP files can be downloaded with the help of a SD card but for those phones that do not have a SD card that becomes a problem. But there is a way around this too. For this method to work, you have to first developer ‘unlock’ your phone. Non-store apps can be installed on developer unlocked phones. This is because basically you are registering to develop apps for Windows and so Windows allows this unlock. But unless you have a Microsoft developer account as well the limit of installations that you can make is 3. Here are the steps you have to follow to developer unlock your phone. It
- Download the Windows phone mini SDK if you are just an end user who wants to download apps. If you are really planning to develop apps then you need to download the full Windows phone 8 SDK.
- Install it on your computer. It goes without saying that the computer should be a Windows one.
- While the drivers are getting installed connect your Windows phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open the start menu by clicking on the Start button. Type Developer Registration. Now open the Windows Registration app that you downloaded and click on register.
- Ensure that the phone is not locked because then the app may not be able to detect the phone. If such a message comes, unlock the phone and click on retry.
- You will need to login using a Microsoft login. Any Microsoft login identification will do.
- The Windows phone registration will now register your phone.
Now that your phone is registered you can try to install XAP file without SD card. And this is how you can do it.
- The phone should be unlocked for developing.
- From the windows store download the XAP files on to your computer. To do this click on the ‘Download and Install Manually’ button on the app that you want to download to your phone. You also have the option of getting XAP files from other sources but unless you are sure about the reliability of the source it is not advisable to go for this option.
- Next copy the XAP files into the inbuilt memory of your Windows phone. Obviously the phone should be connected to the computer via a USB cable.
- Now the XAP files will be seen in the Store. You can install it from there.
Now if you are using a phone with an SD card then things are a lot simpler. All you have to do is download the XAP files to the computer. Then from the computer you can copy it to the SD card. And then just install the app which is now visible on the store on to the phone. Only disadvantage is that if you run out of space on SD card you will have to delete the app and then again follow the same procedure.