If you’re sick of being in a discord server that doesn’t suit you, don’t worry. It’s easy to leave a discord server that isn’t working out, whether it’s because the people are strangers or the conversations are dull. Here’s how to leave a discord server with ease.
How to leave a discord server
If you’re looking to leave a Discord server, here’s how:
- Start up the Discord app on the device you’re using.
- In the left-hand column, locate the server you want to leave.
- Move your mouse cursor over the server icon and click on the “X” that appears.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to leave the server. To confirm, click “Leave Server.”
How to delete a discord server
Keep in mind that deleting a server will permanently delete all data related to that server. Once you do this, it cannot be undone, so make sure that you really want to delete the server before taking any further action.
To get rid of a server:
- To access the settings menu, tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of the main screen.
- Choose “Manage Servers” from the list of options.
- To delete the server you want, tap the trash can icon next to it.
- Press “Delete” to confirm.
How to remove yourself from a discord server
There are a couple different ways you can leave a Discord server. The simplest method is to just click the “Leave Server” button in the server settings. You could also type in the “/leave” command to leave the server.
The server can be deleted by the owner by going to the “Server Settings” tab and selecting the “Delete Server” button.
How to leave a discord server that you own
There are a couple reasons why you might want to leave a discord server that you own. Perhaps you’re no longer interested in the topic, or maybe you want to pass the server on to someone else. Whatever the case may be, it’s easy to do. Here’s how:
- To open the server settings, click on the server name in the sidebar and then click on the gear icon.
- Navigate to the “Leave Server” section and click the “Leave Server” button.
- Double-check that you want to leave the server by clicking “Leave Server” in the popup window once more.
That’s all there is to it! You will no longer be the owner of the server once you leave it.
How to leave a public discord server
There are a few different ways to leave a discord server. If you’re looking to leave a public server, the easiest way is to simply leave the server. You can do this by clicking on the server name in the left-hand sidebar, and then clicking the Leave Server button in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
If you wish to leave a private server, the process is a bit different. Only server owners and admins can leave private servers. To leave a private server, you must first remove yourself as a member of the server. To do this, go to Server Settings > Members and click on your name in the list of members. After that, click the Remove Member button in the bottom-right corner of the screen. You will be able to leave the server entirely by clicking on the Leave Server button in the bottom-left corner of the screen once you’ve removed yourself as a member.
How to leave a private discord server
The most frequent method to leave a private discord server is to request the server owner to take you off. If you’re the server owner, you have the option of deleting the server. Another way to leave a server is by exiting all the channels in the server.
How to leave a server that you are an admin of
You will need to take yourself off the administrator list to leave a server that you are an admin of. To do so, access the server settings and locate the “Administrators” tab. Once you have found it, find your name on the list and click on the “Remove” button next to your name.
How to leave a server that you are a moderator of
If you want to leave a discord server that you moderate, you need to take yourself off as a moderator first. To do that, go to the server settings and click on the “Moderation” tab. Then, find the “Remove Moderator” button to take yourself off as a moderator. Once you’re no longer a moderator, you can hit the “Leave Server” button and leave the server.