In this tutorial we are going to tell you how to create a USB recovery disk for Windows 8. Here’s the complete procedure:
What is the need of recovery disk and why you should use it? Recovery disk can be helpful at the time when you switch on your computer and you see nothing but a screen saying ‘Windows cannot start’ or simply a black screen. This could happen because of many reasons. In that case, you do not need to reinstall the Windows and insert your recovery disk to get your system back to life and working normally again.
Recovery disk automatically detects the problem and fix it. The process might take some time, but it is anytime a better option than installing the whole Windows again. In this tutorial I’m going to tell you how you can create a USB recovery disk.
Press Windows key + C (or move the cursor towards the extreme top right corner)to invoke the charm bar. Click on Search, choose Settings and type ‘Recovery’ in the search field.
Connect a USB Drive to your PC and Click on ‘Create a recovery device’. Select the Connected USB device in the recovery wizard and Click on ‘Next’. Now follow the simple instructions to create your Windows recovery device.
Note: Everything on your USB drive will be formatted.
1. Press Windows key+C to invoke the charm bar. Click on Settings → Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, go to ‘System and Security’.
3. In the System and Security Window, go to Action Center.
4. On the Action Center Window, Click on ‘Recovery’.
5. On the Advanced recovery tools Window, Click on ‘Create a recovery drive’. Make sure you have connected the USB to your PC/Laptop.
6. Select the Connected device and click ‘Next’. Follow the simple Instructions to create your Windows recovery device.
Once the wizard is complete, your recovery device is ready to use. Next time you see your Windows not working properly, you can use recovery device to turn it back to normal.
Note: Eject the Connected USB in safe mode.
Some Other Articles on Windows 8
- How to open Windows 8 sidebar/ charm bar.
- Windows 8 vs Android Tablets
- How to customize Windows 8 start screen.
- How to disable automatic updates in Windows 8