In this article we will tell you how to connect wireless keyboard to Windows 8. Here’s the complete procedure:
Windows 8 is the new OS from Microsoft which has a mixed bag of reactions from the different quarters of the users. By and large, Windows 8 has got features that are new and novel. But at the same time, some of the popular features have been either removed or hidden from the users.
One of the frequent complaints on Windows 8 is the connectivity for wireless keyboard and mouse. It is a fact that majority of the tablet/Smartphone users prefer to have keyboard and mouse attached as they provide greater flexibility to type or edit documents and spreadsheets.
More often users have said that they are unable to use the wireless keyboard or mouse irrespective of following every instruction given in the Windows 8 user manual. Some of them have expressed their concern over buying additional software or drivers to establish the connectivity between their Windows 8 machine and wireless keyboard/mouse. Actually, there is no need for buying software or special drivers for this purpose.
Here is the guide that would let the users know as to how to connect a wireless keyboard to their Windows 8 machine.
Steps to add wireless keyboard
First check your system for the following consistencies:
- Firstly ensure that the wireless keyboard bought by you is compatible with Windows 8.
- Ensure that the port and cables are not having errors.
- Check whether the required files and drivers have been installed without errors.
The above would ensure that your system free of installation errors of Windows 8 and hardware failures.
Now, by following the below steps, you can connect the wireless keyboard.
- Go to ‘Computer’ (My Computer) icon on desktop and right click on it.
- Select ‘Manage’ option and click on it.
- This shows up a list of Computer Management options on the left side of which ‘Device Manager’ is one.
- Select this option and right click on it.
- Run the ‘Scan’ option to detect new hardware.
- At the end of the scan your wireless keyboard should get added.
Steps to add wireless keyboard with Bluetooth
If you have bought a keyboard with Bluetooth, following steps could help in pairing the keyboard:
- Turn on the Windows 8 Bluetooth feature in the system.
- Right click on the Bluetooth icon and select “Add a device”
- System would automatically scan for the new device.
- Follow the steps and pair up the keyboard.
- Once paired up, you can start using the keyboard.
Hope this article about how to connect wireless keyboard to Windows 8 helped you.
- Make Windows 8 Full Screen Virtual Box
- How to do a system restore on Windows 8
- Basic Windows 8 Instruction Guide