If you’re anything like me, you probably spend way too much time on Instagram. And you also hate it when your feed is full of old, cached content. If you are thinking how to clear Instagram cache. Well, fortunately there’s a way to clear your Instagram cache and get rid of all that old junk! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it.
Table of Contents
What is Instagram Cache?
Instagram Cache is simply a folder where Instagram stores all the images and videos you have seen on the app. The files are stored on your phone’s internal storage or external storage (if you have set it up that way in the app’s settings). Once the files are cached, they load faster when you revisit them later. This is why you may see old images and videos when you scroll through your feed – because they are being loaded from the cache.
Why Should You Clear Your Instagram Cache?
There are a few reasons why you might want to clear cache on Instagram. Maybe you’re running out of storage on your phone, or you want to free up some space. Maybe you’re seeing old posts that you’ve already seen, or you want to refresh your feed. Clearing your cache can also help if you’re having trouble loading new content or if your app is crashing.
Whatever your reason, it’s easy to clear your Instagram cache. Just follow the steps below.
How to Clear Cache on Instagram
Instagram can be a great way to share your photos and videos with friends and family, but it can also take up a lot of space on your phone. If you’re running low on storage, you may want to know how to clear Instagram cache.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Tap the menu button (three lines) and then tap Settings.
- Tap Account > Privacy > Clear Search History.
- Tap Yes, I’m sure when prompted.
- Tap Clear All on the next screen.
- Tap Done to exit the settings menu.
Your Instagram search history will now be cleared and you’ll have more space on your device for other apps and files.
How to Clear Your Ig Cache on iPhone or iPad
If your Instagram app is acting slow or if you’re running out of space on your device, you may want to clear your cache. Here’s how!
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Scroll down and tap on the Instagram entry in the list.
3. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and tap on Clear Cache.
4. Tap on Clear Data to also reset your settings and login information.
How to Clear Cache on Windows
If you’re using Instagram on your Windows computer, you can clear your cache by going to your Instagram folder, finding the “Cache” folder, and deleting the contents.
To find your Instagram folder:
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %AppData% in the Run dialog box and press Enter.
- Double-click on theRoaming folder.
- Double-click on the Local folder.
- Double-click on the Temp folder.
- Right-click on the Cache folder and select Delete.
How to Clear Cache on Mac
If your Instagram app is running slow or you’re running out of storage space on your Mac, you may need to clear your cache on Instagram. Luckily, it’s easy to do and only takes a few steps.
- Open the Instagram app on your Mac and sign in if you haven’t already.
- Click the menu icon in the top-right corner of the window and select “Preferences.”
- In the Preferences window, click the “Advanced” tab at the top.
- Under “Cache,” click the “Clear Cache” button.
- A confirmation message will appear; click “OK” to confirm.
And that’s all there is to it! Clearing your Instagram cache can help free up storage space and improve performance, so it’s a good idea to do it every once in awhile.