Instagram turned 10 last year, and it has been an eventful ride so far. Earlier posted as visual networking app, it is now a medium for businesses and brands to boost their sales. According to Statista, the active users of Instagram remain at around 1 billion people on a steady basis. Basis, the demographic of users on Instagram, businesses, create Instagram accounts. However, operating all the accounts from one desktop can be tricky. Here we share steps that would guide you to switch Instagram accounts on desktop.
Why do we need to switch Instagram accounts?
Sometimes users may have more than one Instagram account. For example, one for their usage and another for their business. Apart from that, if your business has expanded, you might create multiple Instagram profiles for each brand.
Now when you manage an account, you would want to move from one account without many hurdles. This will now allow you to proceed with your account posting without logging out and then login again.
The problem for a social media marketing agency
If you are the owner of a social media marketing agency, you have to craft content, reply to queries and manage the ads. For that, you have to check the Instagram account almost every day. However, if you are operating from your desktop, you will find it challenging to take care of multiple accounts. You may use software solutions that allow you to switch Instagram accounts, but they are pricey. In case you are short on budget, tackling the issue could be a tricky alternative.
Personal and commercial use
If you manage Instagram accounts for personal and commercial use, there is always the fear of posting something irrelevant on any of the accounts. That is mistakenly sharing some content that was for your personal intake on your professional page and vice versa. Unfortunately, if you have just started commercial use of Instagram, any inappropriate content posting can cause trouble. Your followers may not like it, and it does not take much time for such content to get viral on Instagram.
How to switch Instagram accounts on Desktop?
There is no fool proof way to switch Instagram accounts on Desktop. You can use small tricks like opening your accounts on different browsers. However, for that, you need multiple browsers on your desktop like Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. If you are not willing to do that, then the problem exists like before.
You could try and open Instagram accounts from separate tabs on an existing browser without logging out. But this is a very dicey solution, and if your activities are noticed, then any of your accounts might be suspended forever.
A simple alternative to that could be opting for software that makes switching accounts on the Desktop easy. Some companies offer simple software for a basic price that would do this job for you. Most of the software use the following steps to adding Instagram accounts.
- Open the Software like HootSuite
- Go to add application and look for Instagram
- You will find a + sign in the top right hand
- Click on it and install Instagram
- Enter your account name and choose the color
- You can now login using Instagram or Facebook details
Switch Instagram Account Using Google Chrome
If you have noticed, Google Chrome gives you the benefit of creating separate accounts. To do this, you need to follow the below steps.
- Click on your photo shown at the top of your browser
- You will see settings and below the list is the “other people” option
- Click on the add button, and a new screen will come
- You can name this account for your business
- It is better to select an icon, so you know which account you are using
- A new window will open through which you can use your other Instagram account
- Chrome will ask if you wish to save this password
- You can say yes. However, ensure that you do not click on syncing with other profiles
- It is a breeze for you to move from one browser to another
How to switch Instagram accounts on mobile?
Technically speaking, Instagram is much more suitable for mobile use. On the mobile, you can access up to 5 accounts and switch Instagram accounts to operate each one of them. The steps to adding Instagram accounts on a smartphone are relatively straightforward:
- Tap on profile picture and go to your profile
- Tap and then you can tap on Settings
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the screen and tap on “Add account.”
- Now enter the username and password of the account you wish to add
- Tap Log In
Switching Instagram accounts on a mobile
- Again tap on your profile picture at the bottom right and reach your profile
- Now tap on the username that you see on top of the screen
- You should choose the account you want to access and login
Many people use Instagram on their mobile as it is much convenient that way. However, if you are a business and have to post large images continuously, then doing that on the smartphone is impossible. In such a situation, you should use the above tips to switch Instagram accounts on your desktop.
Though the procedure of doing so may seem difficult over some time, you will get the hang of it. You will then find it comfortable to maintain different Instagram accounts. Always check the profile you are working on before posting anything. Social media users catch mistakes quickly, and any error on your part could damage your brand’s image.
Read Similar Articles