In this article we will tell you about how to view linkedin profiles anonymously.
You must have notice that everytime someone visits your profile on linkedin, you get a email notification about the same. And every time you step into someone’s profile,they get a email notification about your visit.The email notification about the list of people who visited your profile is limited to 5 for regular members, but for premium members it has no limit.
The features works well, but it is irritating sometimes. You happend to search a person on google, you got his/her linkedin profile, you want to go through it and at same time you don’t because that person will get notification about your visit.
So is there a way out to this ? fortunately, yes. Linkedin has recently added a new option that disables the profile visit feature on your account. Neither you will get to see who visits your profile, nor will linkedin share your visits on other’s profile.
To do this, follow the instructions below:
1. Go to the ‘Settings’ Page.
2. Now, go to Privacy Control Section on the same Window.
3. Choose ‘Select what others see when you’ve visited their profile’ and click on it.
4. You will see three options :
- Your Name and Headline (recommended)- shows full name, title and company.
- Anonymous profile characteristics such as industry and title. -just shows where you work and your profile title.
- You will be totally anonymous: reveals nothing about you.
In order to hide your account details completely, choose the third option ‘You will be totally anonymous’. Click ok ‘save changes’ to make changes. Generally people choose the option and close the Window directly and keep wondering why is it not working. This does not reflect any made changes, and its get back to the point where it was, so make sure you click on ‘Save changes’ button.