Have you ever sent a message on Instagram, only to immediately regret it because you turned on read receipts?
Don’t worry, we’ve all been there.
Fortunately, there’s a way to turn off read receipts on Instagram. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do it.
What Do Instagram Read Receipts Mean
Instagram read receipts can be a great way to keep track of your messages, but they can also be a little on the nosy side. If you’re not familiar with them, read receipts are the tiny blue ticks that appear next to a message when the person you’re messaging has seen it. They can be useful if you’re trying to gauge whether or not someone is actually reading your messages, but they can also be a little bit invasive. If you’re not a fan of read receipts, there is a way to turn them off.
How to turn off read receipts on Instagram
Instagram read receipts can be a great way to keep track of who’s seen your posts, but they can also be a little bit invasive. If you’re not a fan of having your read receipts on, there’s an easy way to turn them off.
Here’s how to turn off read receipts on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of your screen to access your settings.
- Scroll down until you see the “Show Activity Status” option and tap it to toggle the setting off.
Once you’ve turned off read receipts, your friends will no longer be able to see when you’ve seen their posts.
How to Turn Off Read Receipts On Instagram Using DMpro
Instagram offers two types of messaging: private (one-to-one) messages and group messages. If you want to disable read receipts for all of your messages, you’ll need to do so from the app’s settings. But if you want to disable read receipts only for certain conversations, you can do so from within each conversation by using DMpro.
Here’s how to turn off read receipts on Instagram using DMpro:
- Launch DMpro and log in to your Instagram account.
- Select the conversation for which you want to disable read receipts.
- Tap the gear icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap ‘Disable Read Receipts.’
- Tap ‘Yes’ to confirm that you want to disable read receipts for this conversation.
What Is the Purpose of Read Receipts?
The main purpose of read receipts is to let people know when their message has been seen. This can be useful in a variety of contexts, from work to personal relationships. For example, you might want to know if your boss has seen your email so that you can follow up accordingly. Or, you might want to know if your partner has read your text so that you can gauge their response.
How to disable read receipts on Instagram
The read receipts feature on Instagram lets people know when you’ve seen their messages. If you’d prefer to keep your viewing habits to yourself, you can disable read receipts. Here’s how:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile page.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen to open your settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy & Security.
- Under Message Controls, toggle off Read Receipts.
How to stop read receipts on Instagram
When you have read receipts turned on, anyone you message on will be able to see when you’ve read their message. If you’d prefer to keep that information private, you can turn read receipts off. Here’s how:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner and then tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy and Security and then scroll down to Read Receipts and turn it off.
How to get rid of read receipts on Instagram
The process for turning off read receipts on Instagram is actually pretty simple. Just head to the Settings tab within the app, then scroll down to the Privacy and Security section. From there, you’ll just need to disable the “Show Activity Status” option. Once that’s done, your read receipts will be turned off and nobody will be able to see when you’ve read their messages.