If you’re like most people, you probably use Google Meet to stay in touch with your friends and family. But did you know that you can also use it to share your screen?
That’s right – with just a few clicks, you can share your screen with anyone on Google Meet. Whether you’re giving a presentation or showing off your latest holiday snaps, it’s a great way to get everyone involved.
Table of Contents
Introduction – How to Share Screen on Google Meet
You can share your screen on Google Meet to present documents, slides, or your whole desktop. If you’re a G Suite Enterprise Essentials, G Suite Enterprise Standard, G Suite Enterprise Vault, or Cloud Identity Premium Edition customer, you can also record your meetings.
Screen sharing in Google Meet is available on Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers like Microsoft Edge.
Setting up Google Meet
Before you can share your screen on Google Meet, you need to set up the program on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download and install the Google Meet app on your computer.
- Open the app and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the “Settings” icon in the top right corner of the window.
- In the settings menu, click on “General” and then select “Screen sharing”
- Make sure that the “Share my screen” option is enabled and then click “OK”.
Now that you have Google Meet set up on your computer, you can start sharing your screen during a video call by following these steps:
- Start or join a video call on Google Meet.
- Click on the “Share screen” icon in the bottom left corner of the window.Meet lets multiple people share their screens at the same time.
- A pop-up window will appear where you can select which screen you want to share—you can choose to share your entire screen, a specific application, or a specific Chrome tab.
- Once you’ve selected what you want to share, click “Share”. Your screen will now be shared with other participants in the call
Sharing your screen
If you want to share your screen during a Google Meet, there are a few different ways to do it. You can share your entire screen, a specific window, or a Chrome tab.
To share your screen, click the Share Screen button at the bottom of the Meet window. If you’re using a laptop or desktop, you’ll see a pop-up window where you can select what you want to share. If you’re using a mobile device, you’ll be taken to a new screen where you can select what you want to share.
Once you’ve selected what you want to share, the other participants in the Meet will be able to see it. To stop sharing, click the Stop Share button at the bottom of the window.
Tips for sharing your screen
Here are some best practices for sharing your screen during a video call.
Before you start sharing:
- Check that your audio and video are functioning properly.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
- position yourself and your device so that the other person can see you while you’re sharing your screen.
- if necessary, disable any pop-up blockers or ad blockers.
While you’re sharing your screen:
- Be aware of what’s on your screen at all times. If you need to reference something privately, minimize the shared window.
- Avoid opening sensitive or confidential files while sharing your screen.
If possible, close any applications that you’re not using while sharing your screen. This will help reduce distractions for both you and the other person on the call.
Best practices for screen sharing
When you’re in a video call on Google Meet, you can share your screen with everyone in the meeting. They’ll be able to see everything that’s happening on your screen, and you can continue talking to them as usual.
Here are some best practices for screen sharing:
- Make sure everyone in the meeting is ready before you start sharing your screen. You can do a quick test by saying something like “Can everyone see my screen?”
- If you’re sharing sensitive information, consider blurring or hiding any personal data before sharing your screen.
- When you’re finished sharing your screen, make sure to end the share by clicking Stop Share in the bottom-right corner of your window.
Troubleshooting screen sharing
If you’re having trouble sharing your screen, follow these steps:
- Check your browser and internet connection
- First, make sure you’re using a supported browser and that your internet connection is strong enough to support video conferencing. At minimum, you’ll need a 1 Mbps connection, but for best results, Google recommends using a 3 Mbps connection.
- Turn off any ad blockers
Ad blockers can interfere with the ability to share your screen. To turn off your ad blocker in Chrome
- Click the AdBlock Plus icon on the top right of your browser.
- Click on “Enabled on this site.”
- Click on the X in the upper right corner of the pop-up to close it.
Conclusion – How to Share Screen on Google Meet
Sharing your screen on Google Meet is a great way to collaborate with others or show them something on your computer. To share your screen, just click the Share Screen button in the meet window. You can choose to share your entire screen, a specific window, or just a tab.