You can’t use whats app on iPad as it wants a phone number but now there is no limitation so learn here how to install whats app on iPad without iPhone.
Once you start using WhatsApp it is difficult to do without it. The reason for this is its use of simplicity. It allows you to send and receive text, pictures and videos.
It is also free for a year and then you have to just pay a nominal charge. And the list goes on. So, it is no surprise that you want to be able to use it on your iPad as well. Unfortunately it is not available to iPad users though iPhone users can use it. This is because WhatsApp requires a phone number.
But just because WhatsApp doesn’t have a version for iPad it should not be a deterrent to installing it on your device. There are roundabout ways to go about it. In some methods your iPad has to be jailbroken. In the following method you can install WhatsApp on iPad without iPhone or jailbreaking.
You will need a Mac or PC though to follow this method. So this is how you do it.
- On your PC or Mac go to iTunes and to the iTunes store. In the search field type in WhatsApp. On the iPhone list you will find WhatsApp Messenger.
- Download the free version. It will be quite fast.
- Depending on the OS used go to the music folder.
- Click on iTunes.
- You will go straight to Mobile Applications or iTunes Media and then Mobile Applications. Again this depends on the OS you are using.
- Now you can see a list of ipa files. Find the WhatsApp ipa file and transfer it to the desktop.
- Next you have to attach the iPad to the Mac or PC.
- You will need an app called iFunbox or something similar to manage the files you are going to transfer to your iPad. Download it.
- Launch the iFunbox
- You can see many icons. Just click on WhatsApp ipa file.
- Again the installation is quite fast and you will be able to see the WhatsApp icon on the iPad.
Thuogh you have installed WhatsApp on your iPad you cannot start using it straight away. You have to register with WhatsApp and for this you will require an iPhone. Using another phone will not work. It has to be an iPhone. If you don’t have one you can borrow from someone just for this part.
You will have to install WhatsApp on your iPhone. If it is already installed then uninstall it and re-install the app. As per their instruction register with your phone number and then get the code that they send. This code has to be entered as confirmation for registering WhatsApp.
Now remove the iPad from the Mac or PC and attach the iPhone. Again go to the iFunbox app. You will find a folder with User Application when you click on iPhone folder. Click on the icon for WhatsApp. You will find the Library and Documents folders. Transfer these folders to the desktop. These contain the data that is required for registration.
Again re-attach the iPad to the Mac or PC after removing the iPhone. Go to iFunbox to iPad and then to User Applications and there click on WhatsApp. You will find the Library and Documents folder here. Just replace it with the ones that you have on the desktop. Now you can disconnect it from the Mac. Restart iPad. Send the confirmation code and you are ready to use WhatsApp.