In this article we will guide you how to import photos from Windows phone to PC. Here’s the complete procedure:
To some people, Pictures aren’t just an image or a file to be stored in a phone or a PC. They are the memories built down the line. Some love to share it, some might keep it saved with themselves. And for some, pictures just resides on the phone, eating up space, until it’s high time to delete them to make space for some more.
But deleting them is the only option you’ve got? Well, No. But yes, sometimes its hard to get at those photos. Like in Windows 7 phones, you cannot directly use a USB connection to import things from your phone to your PC. Zune PC was the one software which served the purpose. With Windows 8 phone, there is much better way.
You can connect your Windows phone to the PC, just like you connect a USB device, memory card or any other smartphone.
Here’s how to do it :
1. Connect your Windows phone to your PC using a USB cable. Wait while Windows connect your phone.
2. A Window will prompt up on your desktop screen, showing that your device is connected now.
3. Double click on the listed device to open it and choose ‘Import’.
4. Select photos, videos and music you want to import on your PC. Windows will also ask you to provide name for each event, which will create a new folder with the name provided containing all the imported files.
Also, you can import pictures using Microsoft’s Windows Mobile Device Center( Mobile Device Center works with smartphones running Windows Mobile 5, Windows Mobile 6 and Windows Mobile 2003). Here’s how to do it :
1. Download Windows Mobile Device Center from Microsoft’s website.
2. Plug-in your Windows phone to your PC and run the Windows Mobile Device Center. Windows Mobile Device Center will show a message saying ‘Connected’ once your phone is connected to your PC.
3. Decie center has four options (Program and Services, Picture, music and videos, File management and Mobile Device Settings) as shown in image above.
4. Choose Pictures, Music and Video to start importing your pictures.
5. Now click ‘Pictures are ready for import’ to import pictures. Once imported, a new Window will pop up showing all your imported pictures.
You can also delete photos from your Windows phone after importing them to your PC. All you need to do is mark the checkbox saying ‘Erase photos after importing’.