Are you looking to cancel your Amazon Audible subscription? Whether you’ve completed your audiobook collection or simply want to explore other options, canceling Audible is a straightforward process. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps to cancel your Audible subscription on various devices. From understanding what Audible is to considering factors before canceling, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s delve into the details and learn how to cancel Amazon Audible hassle-free.
What Is Audible
Audible is an audiobook platform owned by Amazon, offering a vast collection of audiobooks, podcasts, and other audio content. With a subscription to Audible, you gain access to a wide range of titles, including bestsellers, classics, self-help books, and more. Audible provides a convenient way to listen to your favorite books on the go, making it a popular choice for book lovers and those seeking entertainment through audio content.
How to Cancel Audible on Amazon
Canceling your Audible subscription on Amazon is a straightforward process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cancel Audible using a web browser:
- Visit the Audible website: Open your preferred web browser and go to the Audible website (www.audible.com).
- Sign in to your Amazon account: Log in using the same Amazon account associated with your Audible subscription. Make sure to enter the correct credentials.
- Go to Account Details: After signing in, hover over the “Hi, [Your Name]” tab located at the top right corner of the webpage. From the drop-down menu, select “Account Details.”
- Navigate to “Manage Membership”: On the Account Details page, scroll down until you find the “Memberships & Subscriptions” section. Click on the “Manage Membership” option.
- Click on “Cancel Membership”: Once on the Manage Membership page, look for the “Cancel Membership” link. Click on it to initiate the cancellation process.
- Follow the prompts: Audible will provide instructions and information about your membership. Read through the details carefully. You may be offered alternative options, such as pausing your membership instead of canceling. If you still wish to proceed with cancellation, follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Confirmation and Feedback: After confirming your cancellation, Audible may ask for feedback on your experience. Feel free to provide any feedback you wish to share. Once you’ve completed the cancellation, you will receive a confirmation email from Audible.
It’s important to note that canceling your Audible subscription will stop any future billing and end your access to Audible membership benefits, including free monthly credits, discounted audiobooks, and access to the Audible library. However, any purchased audiobooks will remain yours to keep and can be accessed even after canceling the subscription.
In case you face any difficulties or have specific inquiries regarding your membership or cancellation process, it’s recommended to reach out to Audible customer support for further assistance.
Considerations Before You Cancel
Before canceling your Audible subscription, it’s important to take a few factors into consideration. Here are some key points to keep in mind:
- Unused Credits: If you have any unused credits in your Audible account, it’s advisable to use them before canceling. Credits are valuable as they allow you to download and enjoy audiobooks of your choice. Once you cancel your subscription, any unused credits will be forfeited.
- Audiobook Library Access: With an Audible subscription, you have access to your audiobook library. When you cancel your subscription, you will no longer have access to the titles in your library. It’s recommended to download any audiobooks you want to keep before proceeding with cancellation. This ensures you can still enjoy them even after your subscription ends.
- Membership Benefits: Audible membership comes with additional benefits beyond audiobook credits. These benefits may include discounts on audiobooks, access to exclusive sales and promotions, and access to Audible Originals. Canceling your subscription means you will no longer have access to these perks. Consider whether these benefits are important to you before canceling.
- Pausing Membership: If you find yourself needing a break from Audible but don’t want to lose your credits or access to your library, you may have the option to pause your membership. Pausing allows you to temporarily suspend your subscription without losing your benefits. This is a viable option if you plan to resume using Audible in the future.
- Account Deletion: If you no longer wish to use Audible and want to completely remove your account, keep in mind that canceling your subscription does not delete your account. To delete your Audible account, you will need to contact Audible customer support and follow their instructions. Be aware that account deletion is permanent and cannot be undone.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision about canceling your Audible subscription. Remember that canceling your subscription does not affect any audiobooks you’ve purchased. Those will still be accessible through your Audible account.
If you have any specific questions or concerns about canceling your Audible subscription, it’s recommended to reach out to Audible customer support. They will be able to provide further guidance and address any queries you may have.
How To Cancel Audible on iOS or Android
If you prefer to cancel your Audible subscription directly from your iOS or Android device, follow these simple steps:
For iOS Devices:
- Open the Audible app: Locate the Audible app on your iOS device’s home screen and tap to open it.
- Sign in to your Audible account: Enter your Audible account credentials and sign in.
- Tap on the “More” tab: At the bottom right corner of the app, you will find a tab labeled “More.” Tap on it to access additional options.
- Go to “Settings”: In the “More” menu, you will see a “Settings” option. Tap on it to proceed.
- Select “Account Details”: Within the Settings menu, find and tap on “Account Details.” This will take you to your Audible account information.
- Tap on “Cancel Membership”: In the Account Details section, scroll down until you find the “Cancel Membership” option. Tap on it to initiate the cancellation process.
- Follow the prompts: Audible will provide instructions and information regarding your membership cancellation. Read through the details carefully and follow the prompts to complete the cancellation.
For Android Devices:
- Launch the Audible app: Locate the Audible app icon on your Android device’s home screen or app drawer and tap to open it.
- Sign in to your Audible account: Enter your Audible account credentials and sign in.
- Tap on the menu icon: Look for the menu icon, usually represented by three horizontal lines or dots, in the top left or top right corner of the app. Tap on it to open the menu.
- Go to “Settings”: Within the menu options, you should see a “Settings” or “Account” section. Tap on it to proceed.
- Select “Account Details”: In the Settings or Account section, you will find an option labeled “Account Details.” Tap on it to access your Audible account information.
- Tap on “Cancel Membership”: Scroll down the Account Details page until you find the “Cancel Membership” option. Tap on it to initiate the cancellation process.
- Follow the prompts: Audible will present instructions and information about your membership cancellation. Read through the details carefully and follow the prompts to complete the cancellation.
Please note that the steps provided may vary slightly depending on the version of the Audible app you are using. If you encounter any difficulties or have specific inquiries about canceling your Audible membership on your iOS or Android device, it’s recommended to reach out to Audible customer support for further assistance.
Remember, canceling your Audible subscription through the app will stop any future billing, and you will lose access to your Audible membership benefits and library. However, any purchased audiobooks will remain accessible even after canceling your subscription.
Canceling your Audible subscription may seem like a daunting task, but with the right guidance, it can be a simple process. In this comprehensive guide, we’ve provided step-by-step instructions on how to cancel Audible on Amazon, iOS, and Android devices. By following these instructions, you can confidently end your Audible membership and explore other audiobook options or take a break from your subscription.
We discussed what Audible is, its benefits, and the considerations you should keep in mind before canceling. It’s crucial to consider factors such as unused credits, access to your audiobook library, and membership benefits before proceeding with cancellation. Pausing your membership may be a viable alternative if you want to temporarily suspend your subscription without losing your benefits.
Whether you choose to cancel your Audible subscription on Amazon’s website or through the Audible app on your iOS or Android device, the steps are straightforward and easy to follow. Remember to carefully read the prompts and instructions provided during the cancellation process to ensure a successful outcome.
In case you have any specific questions or encounter any difficulties while canceling your Audible subscription, reaching out to Audible customer support is highly recommended. They have the expertise to address your concerns and provide you with any necessary guidance or assistance.
While canceling your Audible membership means you will lose access to certain benefits, it’s important to note that any purchased audiobooks will still be available to you. You can continue to enjoy these titles even after canceling your subscription.
Whether you decide to explore other audiobook platforms or take a break from audiobooks altogether, the process of canceling your Audible subscription should now be clear and manageable. Remember to consider your options carefully and make an informed decision based on your individual preferences and needs.