If you’ve ever been mid-conversation and suddenly realized that your Airpods connected but no sound. It’s a frustrating experience, but luckily there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
Why my Airpods Connected but No Sound
The first thing to understand is that there are two types of AirPods: the first-generation model and the second-generation model. If you have the first generation and you’re experiencing this issue, there are a few things you can do to try to fix it.
If your AirPods are connected but no sound, it could be because your AirPods are in Use mode instead of Listen mode. To fix this, open the charging case lid and press and hold the button on the back of the case for two seconds. This should put your AirPods into Listen mode.
Another reason Why your Airpods So Quiet is because they’re not properly paired with your device. To fix this, make sure that your AirPods are in their charging case and that the case is open. Then, go to your device’s Bluetooth settings and make sure that your AirPods are selected as the audio output device.
If you’re still having trouble, try resetting your AirPods. To do this, open the charging case lid and press and hold the button on the back of the case for fifteen seconds. This will reset your AirPods and hopefully fix the issue.
AirPods Connected but No Sound on Mac
If you see that your AirPods connected but no sound to your Mac, there are a few things you can try:
- Make sure that your AirPods are charged. You can check the charge level of your AirPods by opening the case next to your Mac. The LED light on the front of the case will indicate the charge level.
- Choose Apple > System Preferences from the menu bar, click Sound, then click Output. Select “AirPods” from the list.
- If you’re still not hearing any sound, try resetting your AirPods.
- Press and hold the button on the back of the case for about 15 seconds. You should see the LED flash white and then amber, indicating that your AirPods have reset.
- Once your AirPods have reset, try connecting them to your Mac again.
AirPods Connected but No Sound on Windows
If you’re using AirPods (2nd generation) or AirPods Pro and you can’t hear any audio from your Windows PC, make sure that your AirPods are connected. You might see a status light on your AirPods when they’re connected. If not, follow these steps:
- Check the settings on your PC.
- Restart your PC.
- Update your controller’s firmware.
- Remove and reconnect your controller.
How to Fix Airpods Connected but No Sound
If your AirPod connected but no sound, there are a few things you can try:
- Check the volume on your iOS device. If it’s turned all the way down, you won’t be able to hear anything.
- Check to make sure your AirPods are in their charging case and that the case has power. If they’re not in the case, they won’t charge. And if the case is out of power, they won’t work either.
- Make sure that your AirPods are clean and clear of any debris or buildup. If they’re clogged, they won’t be able to play sound properly.
- Restart your iOS device and then try reconnecting your AirPods.
- Force quit any apps that might be causing problems and then restart them
If all else fails, you can try resetting your AirPods:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Bluetooth.”
- Tap on the “i” next to your AirPods in the list of devices.
- Tap on “Forget This Device” at the bottom of the screen and confirm that you want to forget it.
- Now turn off Bluetooth on your iOS device by going back to Settings -> Bluetooth and tapping the slider at the top of the screen so that it’s in the white “OFF” position. Wait a few seconds, then turn Bluetooth back ON again by tapping the slider so it’s in the green “ON” position.
- Now put your AirPods back in their charging case, close the lid, and wait about 30 seconds for them to reset.
- Once they’re reset, open the lid and hold down both the setup button and volume down button for about 15 seconds until you see a white light flash inside of one earbud followed by a flashing amber light — this means that your AirPods have been reset successfully! After this, try connecting them to your iOS device again to see if they work properly now.
If your AirPods connected but no sound, it could be due to a software issue or a problem with the AirPods themselves.
First, try turning off and restarting your AirPods. If that doesn’t work, try resetting your AirPods. If you’re still having trouble, you may need to contact Apple for further assistance.