If you own a pair of AirPods, you may have noticed that the case they come in has a small light on the front. This light can display a variety of colors, each of which represents a different status or function of the AirPods. One color you may encounter is orange, which can be a bit confusing if you’re not sure what it means. In this post, we’ll take a closer look at why your AirPod case may be flashing orange and what you can do about it.
Table of Contents
What Do AirPods Lights Mean?
Before we dive into why your AirPod case may be flashing orange, let’s first take a look at what the different colors of the light on the case can mean.
- Green: This means that your AirPods are fully charged and ready to use.
- Amber: This indicates that your AirPods are charging, but are not yet fully charged.
- Red: This means that your AirPods are in their charging case and are low on power.
- Orange: This indicates that your AirPods are in pairing mode, which we’ll discuss more in the next section.
Why Are My AirPods Flashing Orange?
If your AirPod case is flashing orange, it means that it is in pairing mode. This is a mode that allows the AirPods to be paired with a new device, such as an iPhone or iPad. When in pairing mode, the AirPods can be found by other devices and connected to them.
There are a few reasons why your AirPods might be in pairing mode:
- You are trying to set up your AirPods for the first time.
- You are trying to pair your AirPods with a new device.
- You have reset your AirPods to their factory settings.
How to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange Light
If your AirPods are flashing orange and you are not trying to pair them with a new device, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue.
- Make sure that your AirPods are fully charged. If the light on the case is red, it means that the AirPods are low on power. Charge the case until the light turns green, then try using the AirPods again.
- Restart your device. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix minor issues with your AirPods. To restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, press and hold the power button until the “slide to power off” slider appears. Drag the slider to turn off your device, then press and hold the power button again to turn it back on.
- Check for updates. Make sure that you are using the latest version of iOS on your device. You can check for updates by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If an update is available, install it and try using your AirPods again.
- Reset your AirPods. If none of the above steps fix the issue, you may need to reset your AirPods to their factory settings. This will erase all of the data on your AirPods, including any custom settings or configurations you have made.