If you’re like me, you’ve probably been wondering how to rotate screen on Chromebook. Well, wonder no more! Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it.
How to rotate screen on Chromebook
Chromebooks are equipped with a rotation sensor that allows you to automatically rotate your screen when you turn the device. To enable this feature, follow these steps to rotate screen on Chromebook:
- Open Chrome.
- Click the three dots in the top-right corner and select settings.
- In the “Device” section, click Displays.
- Check the box next to “Enable rotations”.
- Close the settings tab.
Now, whenever you turn your Chromebook, the screen will automatically rotate to match. To manually rotate your screen, press Ctrl+Shift+R (or click the three dots in the top-right corner and select “Display Settings”).
How to change your screen resolution on a Chromebook
Chromebooks are designed to be simple, lightweight machines that are perfect for web browsing and working in the cloud. That means that they don’t have a lot of storage space, and they don’t have the highest-resolution screens.
If you want to change your screen resolution on a Chromebook, there are a few things you can do.
- Change the zoom level: By default, most Chromebooks have a zoom level of 100%. If you want to increase or decrease the size of everything on your screen, you can change the zoom level. To do this, just hold down the “Ctrl” key and use the “+” or “-“ keys to zoom in or out.
- Change the window size: If you want to change the size of just one window, you can do that by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of the window and selecting “Resize window.” You can also use the “Ctrl-Shift-Window resize” keyboard shortcut to resize your current window.
- Change your screen resolution: If you want to change your screen resolution, you can do that by going into your Chromebook’s settings. To get there, just click on the clock in the bottom-right corner of your screen and then click on the “Settings” gear icon.
Once you’re in the settings menu, scroll down until you see “Device” and click on it. Then, under “Screen,” select “Native resolution.” You should see a list of different resolutions that you can choose from; just pick the one that looks best to you and then click “Apply.
How to adjust your screen brightness on a Chromebook
Chromebooks have come a long way since they were first introduced in 2011. One of the most useful new features is the ability to adjust your screen brightness without having to fiddle with any settings.
If you find yourself working in a dimly lit room, you can simply turn down the brightness of your screen to make it easier on your eyes. Likewise, if you’re trying to save battery power, you can turn down the brightness to help extend your Chromebook’s battery life.
Here’s how to adjust your screen brightness on a Chromebook:
- Open the Chrome settings menu by clicking on the three dots in the top-right corner of your browser window.
- Click on “Settings” in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Scroll down to the “Appearance” section and click on the “Brightness” slider.
- Drag the slider to the left or right to adjust your screen brightness accordingly.
How to use your Chromebook’s touch screen
If you have a Chromebook with a touch screen, you can do lots of things using just your fingers. Here are some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your Chromebook’s touch screen.
To wake up your Chromebook, just touch the screen. You’ll see a lock screen where you can enter your password to sign in.
Once you’re signed in, you’ll see your desktop. To open an app, just touch it. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to go back to your home screen,
To close an app, swipe it towards the bottom of the screen. Or, if you’re using an Android app, you can touch the little X in the top-right corner of the app window.
If you want to zoom in on something, like a map or a photo, just double-tap it with two fingers. To zoom out again, double-tap with two fingers or use the pinch gesture (put two fingers on the screen and move them closer together).
How to take a screenshot on a Chromebook
To take a full-screen screenshot on your Chromebook, simply press the “Ctrl” and “Window switch” keys simultaneously. Your screenshot will automatically be saved as a PNG file in the Downloads folder.
How to enable or disable guest browsing on a Chromebook
Opening Chrome settings.
Click the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen.
In the “People” section, click Manage other people.
To turn guest browsing on or off, use the slider next to Allow guest browsing.
How to enable or disable developer mode on a Chromebook
If you want to enable or disable developer mode on your Chromebook, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold the Esc and Refresh keys together, then press the power button.
- When you see the message ‘Chrome OS is missing or damaged’, press Ctrl+D to continue to Developer Mode. Your Chromebook will delete all local data and reset itself.
- Press Enter to turn OS Verification OFF. This allows you to modify your Chromebook’s system software.
- Press Ctrl+D again to boot your Chromebook normally. You’ll see a warning message every time you log in, but you can ignore it by pressing Ctrl+D again. Congratulations! You’ve now enabled Developer Mode on your Chromebook.
How to factory reset a Chromebook
Before you reset your Chromebook, back up any files you want to keep. You can do this with Google Drive or an external storage device.
To reset your Chromebook:
- Turn off your Chromebook.
- Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + r.
- Press Enter when prompted.
- Select Restart.
- Your Chromebook will restart and ask you to confirm the reset.
- Select Reset.
You can read more interesting articles –
Chromebook Pro vs Macbook Pro vs Surface Pro