Instagram is a great platform for sharing photos and videos, but what if you want to archive all of your posts? In this blog post, we’ll show you how to do just that!
Why you should archive your Instagram posts
There are a couple reasons you might want to archive your Instagram posts. Maybe you’re deactivating your account and want to keep a copy of your posts, or you want to change up your feed and start fresh. Whatever the reason, archiving is a easy way to keep your posts without cluttering up your feed.
When you archive a post, it removes it from your feed and stores it in a private archive. Only you can see the posts in your archive, and they won’t show up in any of Instagram’s public spaces like Explore or hashtags. If you ever want to repost something from your archive, simply unarchive it and it will reappear in your feed.
Here’s how to archive Instagram posts:
- Go to your profile and tap the menu button in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap Archive.
- Tap the posts you want to archive (you can also select all by tapping the square in the top left corner).
- Tap Archive in the bottom right corner when you’re done selecting posts.
Why are My Instagram dms not Working
How to Delete Drafts on Instagram
How to archive your Instagram posts
Assuming you want to keep a copy of your photos for safekeeping, the best way to do this is to download them from Instagram. Unfortunately, there’s no bulk download feature, so you’ll have to do this one by one.
- Go to instagram.com and log in.
- Find the photo you want to download and click on it to open it in full screen view.
- Hover over the photo and click the three dots in the top right corner.
- Click “Download” from the drop-down menu.
What benefits come from archiving your Instagram posts
There are a few benefits that come from archiving your Instagram posts. For one, it allows you to keep a backup of all your photos and videos in case you ever need to access them again. It also makes it easier to organize your posts and keep track of the ones you want to share with others. Finally, archiving your posts can help you save storage space on your device.
How to make the most out of your archived Instagram posts
To view your archived posts, go to your profile and tap the three lines in the upper right corner. From there, select “Archive.” This is where you’ll find all the posts you’ve hidden from your profile.
There are a few things to keep in mind when you’re looking at your archived posts. First, they’re arranged in reverse chronological order, so the most recent posts will be at the top. Second, you can only view them one at a time — there’s no way to see them all at once.
That said, there are still some ways to make the most out of your archived Instagram posts. Here are a few tips:
- Take a look at your post stats. When you view an archived post, you’ll see how many likes and comments it got while it was live on your profile. This can give you some insight into which types of content perform well with your audience.
- Share an archived post to your story. If you want to give an old post new life, you can share it to your story. To do this, go to the archive page and select the share button (it looks like a paper airplane). From there, you can choose whether to share the post as is or edit it first. Keep in mind that if you edit an archived post, any changes will be permanent — so make sure you’re happy with them before you hit publish!
- Delete an archived post. If you decide you no longer want an archived post on Instagram, you can delete it by going to the archive page and selecting the delete button (it looks like a trashcan). Once you delete a post, it’s gone forever — so make sure you really want to get rid of it before hitting that button!
What to do with your archived Instagram posts
Once you’ve downloaded your Instagram data, you may want to do something with all those archived posts. Here are a few ideas:
- Back up your posts: You can use a service like IFTTT or Zapier to automatically back up your Instagram posts to Dropbox, Google Drive, or another cloud storage service.
- Print them out: If you want physical copies of your posts, you can use a service like Sticky9 to print them out as Polaroids, magnets, or prints.
- Make a collage: Print your photos out and use them to create a collage or photo mural.
- Turn them into a book: Use a service like Chatbooks to turn your Instagram posts into a photo book.
How to keep your archived Instagram posts organized
When you download your Instagram data, it will come in the form of a ZIP file. This file will contain all of your posts, as well as any other data associated with your account (such as photos, comments, etc.).
Once you have downloaded this ZIP file, you’ll need to extract it so that you can access the individual files. To do this, simply right-click on the file and select “Extract All.”
Once the files have been extracted, you’ll see a folder called “Instagram.” This folder will contain all of your posts, organized by date.
If you want to keep your Instagram data organized, it’s a good idea to create a separate folder for each year. That way, you can easily find the posts you’re looking for.
For example, if you want to find all of the posts from 2018, you would simply go to the “2018” folder and look through all of the files there.
It’s also a good idea to create a backup of your Instagram data. To do this, simply copy the “Instagram” folder to another location on your computer (such as an external hard drive). That way, if anything happens to the original files, you’ll still have a copy.
How to share your archived Instagram posts
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile .
- Tap on the three lines in the top right corner and then select Settings.
- Under the Account section, tap on Posts .
- All of your posts will be listed here in chronological order. To share an archived post, simply tap on the Share icon (the airplane) next to the post.
- You can also choose to unarchive a post by tapping on Unarchive in the top right corner.