If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably accidentally posted a draft on Instagram at least once. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to delete them!
Table of Contents
How to delete drafts on Instagram
If you have multiple drafts saved on your Instagram account, you can delete them all at once using the iOS or Android app. To do this, first go to your profile page and tap on the “Options” (iOS) or “Menu” (Android) icon in the top right-hand corner. Then, select “Drafts” from the drop-down menu. On the Drafts screen, tap on the “Edit” button in the top right-hand corner and then select all of the drafts that you want to delete by tapping on the empty checkboxes next to each one. Finally, tap on the “Delete” button at the bottom of the screen and confirm that you want to delete your drafts.
How to prevent drafts from accumulating on Instagram
The first thing you need to do is go into your settings and turn off the “save original photos” setting. Once this is off, any new photos you upload will not be saved as drafts. If you have existing drafts, you can delete them by going to the draft folder and tapping on the trash can icon.
How to manage your Instagram drafts
If you’re like most people, you probably have a few unfinished posts lurking in your Instagram drafts. Here’s how to manage them!
To access your drafts, open the Instagram app and tap the plus sign in the bottom right corner. From there, tap the folder in the top right corner.
Once you’re in your drafts folder, you can view all of the posts that you’ve saved as drafts. To edit a draft, simply tap on it and make your changes. To delete a draft, tap on the trash can icon in the top right corner.
The benefits of deleting Instagram drafts
Almost everyone has at least one embarrassing or unflattering photo stored away in their Instagram drafts. Maybe you took the photo and decided not to post it, or maybe someone else took it and you don’t want it circulating online. Whatever the reason, there are plenty of good reasons to delete your Instagram drafts.
For one thing, it can help you declutter your phone. If you have a lot of old photos taking up space on your device, deleting them can free up some valuable storage space. In addition, deleting old drafts can help you keep your Instagram feed looking fresh and up-to-date. If you have several outdated drafts sitting in your queue, getting rid of them can help ensure that your feed looks its best.
Another good reason to delete your drafts is to protect your privacy. Even if a draft is set to private, there’s always the possibility that someone could stumble across it and see it. If there’s anything in your drafts that you wouldn’t want the world to see, it’s best to get rid of it. This way, you can rest assured knowing that only the photos that you want people to see are accessible.
Finally, deleting Instagram drafts can be therapeutic. If looking at old photos is making you feeling nostalgic or sad, getting rid of them can help you move on. Sometimes, seeing reminders of the past can be more harmful than helpful. If looking at your drafts is bringing up negative emotions, getting rid of them can be a positive step forward.
So if you’re looking for a way to declutter your phone, protect your privacy, or boost your mood, deleting your Instagram drafts may be the solution.
The drawbacks of deleting Instagram drafts
There are a few reasons why you might not want to delete your Instagram drafts:
- They take up space on your phone: Even if you have the app set to automatically save draft posts to your camera roll, each individual photo or video still takes up space on your device. If you have a lot of drafts, this can quickly add up and use up valuable storage space.
- They make it easy to forget about posts: Once a draft is saved, it can be easy to forget about it entirely. If you’re someone who likes to plan their posts in advance, this can be frustrating – especially if you had a great idea for a post but can’t remember what it was.
- They can be accidentally published: If you accidentally hit the “Publish” button instead of the “Delete” button, your draft will be published for all your followers to see. This can be embarrassing if the post is unfinished or doesn’t make sense.
How to make the most of Instagram drafts
Instagram drafts are a great way to save time and ensure your posts are perfect before you publish them. You can access your drafts by tapping the plus sign in the bottom right-hand corner of the app and then tapping the clock icon in the top right- hand corner. From here, you can edit or delete your drafts.
To make the most of Instagram drafts, here are a few tips:
- Save multiple versions of a post: if you’re unsure about which photo to use or what caption to go with, save multiple versions as drafts so you can come back and choose later.
- Edit your draft: once you’ve saved a draft, it’s easy to go back and make changes before you publish. Simply tap on the draft and make your edits.
- Delete old drafts: if you have drafts that you no longer need, simply tap on the trash icon in the top right-hand corner to delete them.
What to do with old Instagram drafts
If you’re like most people, you have a few old Instagram drafts sitting around that you’ll never use. But what should you do with them? Here are a few ideas:
- Delete them: This is the simplest solution, and it frees up space in your drafts folder.
- Archive them: If you’re not ready to delete your drafts but you don’t want to see them cluttering up your folder, you can archive them. This hides them from view but keeps them safe in case you change your mind later
- Share them: If you have a draft that you’re particularly proud of, why not share it with the world? You can post it to your feed or share it as a story.
- Use them as inspiration: If you’re struggling to come up with new content, take a look at your old drafts for inspiration. You might find something that you can use as a starting point for a new post.
How to delete Instagram drafts permanently
Unfortunately, there is no way to delete Instagram drafts permanently. However, you can delete them one at a time by opening the draft and then tapping the trash can icon in the top right corner.