Here we will discuss the problem why Windows 8 freeze after hibernation.
When you have put your laptop or desktop at sleep mode does it wake up suddenly or does it freezes without waking up at all. Windows 8 users might have encountered with freezing problem sometimes in the middle of the work or after putting it in to sleep or hibernating mode. This is a common problem that users are facing after their system is hibernated.
Windows 8 freezing problem can be due to many reasons:
- Development of corrupt files as the system is not properly shut down.
- System files are missing as they have been deleted accidentally.
- Improper application installation.
- Hardware driver files are corrupt.
- Registry files are invalid.
If you are facing the same problem and your system gets freeze after hibernation, below are some methods that you can follow to end the problem:
Disconnect all external devices from the system except your mouse and keyboard, after that check your system if it is working properly.
You can do updating of network, video card, chipset & sound card from the manufacturer’s website to the latest version, this will help to cope up with regular problems.
In this method first you have to run power troubleshooter and then follow the steps given below
- Press “windows + W” key
- Press enter after typing “Troubleshooter” in search box.
- Click on “system and security”option and then power troubleshooter is to be run.
It has two steps:
1. Disabling the 3rd party security- software
You will see 3rd party security- software Icon on the task bar screen present adjacent to System Clock.
You have to click the icon of security software and select disable.
Now the third party security software would be disabled.
As a precaution, you should avoid disabling your anti-virus for security purpose, even if you are disabling the software after your work is done, activate it. If you have disabled the security software and your internet is connected, your system is liable to be damaged by internet viruses.
2. Clean Boot
Start your Windows 8 with minimum startup programs and drivers sets, this is called up as clean boot. Clean boot is helpful in eliminating software conflicts.
This step will help you to prevent troubleshoot – error messages and other problem.
After trouble shooting is done, follow the steps below:
- Press “windows + R” on keyboard.
- On the space provided on run window, type “MSCONFIG” and hit OK.
- Go to the general tab and click “Normal setup”, select OK.
- Your system will ask you to restart, click on Restart option.
From the manufacturer’s website update the chipset drivers.
Install Windows 7, for compatibility mode in case Windows 8 – drivers are missing.
Browse Microsoft Website click the link given: “Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows” and then download the compatible drivers.
Changing your power plan settings
Power Plan is a hardware collection & system settings (sleep, display), that wangles the power usage by your computer system. Power Plan depends on the type of system you are using:
- For PCs, only the Balanced standby plan is provided to give full performance.
- For laptops, the two options- Balanced and Power Saver are provided in the notification area. However, you can also create a customized plan by clicking the “create a power plan” option in the Control Panel.
You can choose the power plans as per your requirements.