Facebook is a powerful platform that allows users to share a variety of content, from text updates to photos and videos. However, a recurring issue for some users is their uploaded videos not appearing in the newsfeed. If you’ve found yourself saying, “My video upload not showing in Facebook newsfeed,” you’re not alone. This post aims to shed light on this problem, exploring potential reasons and solutions.
Table of Contents
Why Can’t I See My Uploaded Videos on Facebook?
“My video upload not showing in Facebook newsfeed” is a complaint many users voice. If you’ve recently uploaded a video on Facebook and are puzzled as to why it’s not visible in the newsfeed, there could be several reasons. Understanding these can help you troubleshoot the problem more effectively. Here’s a deep dive into the potential culprits:
- Privacy Settings: One of the most common reasons for a video not being visible is its privacy setting. If the video is set to “Only Me”, it won’t appear in the newsfeeds of your friends or followers. Double-check your settings to ensure that they’re configured to the desired audience, whether it’s “Public”, “Friends”, or a custom list.
- Pending Approval: If you’ve shared a video in a group or on a page where posts are subject to admin approval, then it might be awaiting moderation. Until the admin approves it, the video will not show up in the newsfeed of group members or page followers.
- Video Format and Size: Facebook has guidelines regarding the formats and sizes of videos that can be uploaded. If your video format isn’t supported or if it exceeds the maximum size allowed, it might fail to appear on the newsfeed.
- Algorithmic Filtering: Sometimes, Facebook’s algorithm decides what shows up in a user’s newsfeed based on their activity and interactions. If the algorithm determines that the video might not be relevant to a large section of your audience, it might not display it prominently.
- Technical Glitches: No platform is immune to bugs or server issues. There might be instances where due to a temporary glitch on Facebook’s end, the video doesn’t display in the newsfeed immediately after being uploaded.
- Internet Connectivity: A weak or interrupted internet connection during the upload process might result in an incomplete upload, causing the video not to appear in the newsfeed.
- Account Restrictions: If you have previously violated Facebook’s terms of service or its community guidelines, there might be temporary restrictions placed on your account, limiting your ability to share content.
- Review the video’s privacy settings.
- Check if the video meets Facebook’s size and format guidelines.
- Try re-uploading the video.
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies or try accessing Facebook through a different browser.
- Check for any notifications or alerts from Facebook regarding the video or account restrictions.
How to Fix Facebook Not Uploading Videos on iPhone
For many iPhone users, Facebook serves as a primary platform to share moments, memories, and especially videos. However, encountering the “My video upload not showing in Facebook newsfeed” issue can dampen the sharing spirit. If you’re facing such a dilemma, here’s a comprehensive guide on addressing this issue for iPhone users:
- Update Your App:
- Outdated apps can often lead to compatibility issues. Ensure that your Facebook app is updated to the latest version by checking the App Store for any available updates.
- Check Internet Connection:
- A stable internet connection is crucial for uploading videos. Switch between Wi-Fi and cellular data to see if there’s a difference. If using Wi-Fi, move closer to the router or consider restarting it.
- Review Video Format and Size:
- iPhones typically record videos in .MOV format, which is supported by Facebook. However, if you’ve edited the video or used another recording app, the format might have changed. Also, ensure the video file doesn’t exceed Facebook’s size limits.
- Reboot Your iPhone:
- Sometimes, the simplest solution is to turn off your iPhone and restart it. This action can often clear minor glitches or software hiccups that might be causing the issue.
- Check Storage:
- iPhones require a certain amount of free space to function efficiently. If your device is running low on storage, it might affect app functionalities. Consider freeing up some space by deleting unwanted files or apps.
- Adjust Privacy Settings:
- If your video is set to a restricted audience or “Only Me”, it might not show up for others. Before uploading, adjust the privacy settings of the video to “Friends” or “Public” as desired.
- Reinstall the Facebook App:
- There might be instances where the app’s installation gets corrupted. Delete the Facebook app and download it again from the App Store.
- Log Out and Log In:
- Logging out of the Facebook app and then logging back in can often resolve minor account-related issues.
- Check for Restrictions:
- Go to iPhone Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions. Ensure that the settings here are not preventing videos from being uploaded to Facebook.
- Report the Issue:
- If none of the above solutions work, use the “Help and Feedback” section within the Facebook app to report the issue. The platform’s support might offer a solution or clarify if it’s a known bug they’re working on.