Are you fed up with managing all the games from Epic Games Launcher? Are you finding it cumbersome to update them frequently? Don’t worry, we have got your back. In this blog post, we are going to show you a step by step tutorial for uninstalling the Epic Games Launcher and finally wave goodbye to the never-ending updates. Let’s get started!
Reasons to Uninstall Epic Games Launcher
The Epic Games Launcher is a popular gaming application created by Epic Games, Inc. It enables users to manage their game library, purchase games and download updates. However, some users may want to uninstall the launcher when they no longer need it or it is causing problems with their system. In this guide, we will discuss the various reasons why someone might uninstall Epic Games Launcher and how they can go about doing so.
There are a few different reasons:
- Unneeded or unwanted application taking up space
- Issues with the launcher itself that could be causing conflicts or other problems
- Incompatible or outdated version of the launcher installed on your system
- Data privacy issues related to the launcher not acting in compliance with GDPR regulations
- Compatibility issues when trying to install games on other operating systems besides Windows 10
No matter what your reason is for wanting to uninstall Epic Games Launcher, you should always follow the best practices outlined in this guide for removing it from your system properly.
Uninstalling Epic Games Launcher on Windows
For Windows users, To do this:
- Access the “Start” menu by pressing the Windows Key on your keyboard or clicking on the start button in the lower left corner of your screen.
- In the search bar at the bottom of your Start menu, type “Control Panel” and press Enter or click its icon in your list of results.
- In Control Panel, find and select Uninstall a program under Programs section.
- Scroll through programs list to find Epic Games Launcher and select it before clicking Uninstall/Change button to begin uninstalling process.
- Follow onscreen instructions to complete uninstallation process and restart your computer when done if recommended by installation wizard before proceeding any further changes in Control panel window.
- Congratulations! The Epic Games Launcher has been successfully uninstalled from your computer!
Uninstalling Epic Games Launcher on Mac
If you have the Epic Games Launcher installed on your Mac, you can easily uninstall it. The process is simple, and requires just a few steps to complete.
First, quit the Epic Games Launcher if it is open by right-clicking on its icon in the Dock and selecting “Quit” from the pop-up menu that appears. Then, open Finder—click its icon in the Dock or press Command (⌘) + Space to launch Spotlight search—and type “Epic Games Launcher” in the search bar at the top of the window. With this done, select Library from the side menu (not to be confused with GraphicsResources) then Application Support, click Open, and delete everything inside that folder.
After this is finished, open Finder again then navigate to Applications; find and delete Epic Games Launcher from there too. Once this is done it should also be removed from Launchpad if it was pinned there previously; simply click and hold until all apps start shaking/vibrating when enabled then click X next to Epic Games Launcher once visible. After this step has been completed, re-launch Finder and go to your home directory: type Command (⌘) + SHIFT + H keys together while inside Finder window to open your Home directory automatically or look up manually in ~/Library/Preferences folder for files named “com.epicgames*” – these should usually include ‘com.epicgames.*’ – select them all using left shift button then tap backspace with mouse cursor over any selected file of relevance: they should be removed as well along with EpicGamesLauncher at this point so installation of latter should be considered fully uninstalled at that point as desired finally now as directly confirmed after performing all associated steps provided outlined as noted above here Step 5 since firstly initiated back up in Step 1 when initially launched upon starting overall uninstallation process & procedure for epic message launcher experience….
Uninstalling Epic Games Launcher on Linux
Linux users can uninstall Epic Games Launcher through the terminal. You may need to uninstall the launcher manually if it does not appear in your GUI package manager. To uninstall Epic Games Launcher on Linux, first, open your terminal and run:
$ sudo -i
This command will log you in as the root user. Then, enter:
Once the script finishes executing, Epic Games Launcher should be completely uninstalled from your Linux system. It is important to note that while this process will remove the launcher folder and files, any games associated with the launcher may remain on your computer. If that’s not what you want, you can delete those games manually or make use of an automated removal tool such as App Cleaner & Uninstaller for Linux by Softpedia.
Reinstalling Epic Games Launcher
Reinstalling Epic Games Launcher allows you to cleanly reinstall the application for a fresh start. This can help resolve performance and compatibility issues. Uninstalling Epic Games Launcher does not delete any of your game data or progress, so reinstalling should have no effect on those aspects. To reinstall Epic Games Launcher:
- Close any running applications on your computer, including the Epic Games Launcher if it is running.
- Open the ‘Programs and Features’ applet in the Windows Control Panel or access it by searching for “add or remove programs” in your Start Menu search bar.
- Find ‘Epic Games Launcher’ in the list of programs and select it to uninstall it from your computer.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling to ensure a clean install of Epic Games Launcher is made when you reinstall it soon afterward.
- Download and install the latest version of Epic Games Launcher from our website and launch it after installation completes successfully..
Troubleshooting Epic Games Launcher
If you’re having difficulty with the Epic Games Launcher, the steps below may be of help:
- Check if files are in the right location: Ensure that all the files related to your installation are installed in the location you chose during setup.
- Sign out and log back in: Log out of Epic Games Launcher, then log back in with your credentials.
- Is there an update available?: Check to see if any updates are available for the Epic Games Launcher and update accordingly.
- Manually uninstall Epic Games Launcher: If all else fails, it might be necessary to manually uninstall Epic Games Launcher from your PC or Mac. For Windows users, open Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > scroll down until you find “Epic Games Launcher” and click “Uninstall.” For Mac users, open Launchpad > find “Epic Games Launcher” icon > click it and drag down to “Trash.”
After following the steps above, Epic Games Launcher should be completely uninstalled from your system. Before reinstalling Epic Games Launcher, make sure to restart your computer. If Epic Games Launcher is still present on your computer even after reinstalling it, you may have to manually delete the leftover files from your system.
If you still face any issues while uninstalling or reinstalling Epic Games Launcher, make sure to check out the FAQs section of Epic Games website and their forum for answers to any additional queries. Additionally, you can also contact their customer service team directly for a more personalized support experience.