In an era where we depend heavily on smart devices and digital innovations, it’s a common challenge for many to turn on their devices, especially if they misplace the remote. One such device that often leaves users puzzled is their Vizio TV. Have you ever found yourself asking the question, “how to turn on Vizio TV without remote?” If yes, you’re not alone. Thankfully, there are various ways to solve this issue.
In this blog post, we’ll dive into several techniques to help you turn on your Vizio TV even if your remote is MIA. Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
How to Turn on a Vizio TV Without Remote
The first and most straightforward approach to turn on your Vizio TV without the remote is to use the TV’s physical buttons. Most Vizio TVs come equipped with buttons, usually on the left or right side, or sometimes even at the back. These buttons often include power, volume, and channel control.
- Locate the physical buttons: Before you panic about not finding your remote, take a look at your TV’s side or back.
- Press the Power button: This is often represented with a universal power icon.
- Use other buttons as needed: If you need to adjust settings, the other buttons can often navigate through the TV’s menu.
How to Turn on Vizio TV Using the SmartCast App
Did you know Vizio has its app designed for smart controls? The Vizio SmartCast Mobile™ is a valuable tool for those times when the remote is nowhere in sight.
- Download the SmartCast App: Available on both Android and iOS, it’s free and easy to use.
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network: Your TV and your smartphone or tablet should be on the same network for the app to function.
- Open the app and select your TV: Once recognized, you can use the app as a remote.
- Press the Power button within the app: This will turn on your TV just as a physical remote would.
How to Turn on Your Vizio TV With the Nintendo Switch
It might sound strange, but your gaming console, especially the Nintendo Switch, can be a savior when pondering how to turn on Vizio TV without remote.
- Connect your Nintendo Switch to the Vizio TV: Use the HDMI cable to link the two.
- Power on the Nintendo Switch: Often, the TV will detect the Switch turning on and will activate as well.
- Adjust the Input if necessary: If your TV doesn’t turn on automatically, it might be on the wrong input. Use the TV’s physical buttons to toggle until you reach the Nintendo Switch’s input.
How To Turn On/Off Vizio TV With VIZIO Mobile App
Similar to the SmartCast App, Vizio provides another mobile application solution.
- Download the VIZIO Mobile App: It’s available on major app stores.
- Pair your smartphone with your Vizio TV: Make sure both are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Use the app’s remote feature: This digital remote provides the same functionality as your physical remote, including the power button.
How to Turn On Vizio Smart TV Without Remote Using External App
There are several third-party apps available on app stores that can function as universal remotes. While not dedicated solely to Vizio TVs, many of these apps support the brand.
- Download a Universal Remote App: Popular ones include “AnyMote” and “Sure Universal Remote.”
- Set up the app: Follow on-screen instructions, making sure to select ‘Vizio TV’ when prompted.
- Use the app’s functions as you would with a standard remote: The power button should be one of the primary controls.
How to Turn on Vizio Smart TV Without Remote By Using External Devices
External devices like streaming sticks, cable boxes, and other consoles can also serve as makeshift solutions.
- Connect the device to your Vizio TV: Usually, this involves using an HDMI port.
- Turn on the external device: In many cases, the TV will detect this and turn on.
- Adjust TV settings if necessary: If your TV isn’t responding, it might need an input change. Use the physical buttons on your TV to make this switch.
Misplacing or losing the remote is no longer a catastrophe. As we’ve detailed above, there are numerous methods to solve the dilemma of how to turn on Vizio TV without remote. From leveraging built-in physical buttons, utilizing dedicated or third-party apps, to even using gaming consoles or other external devices, you have a wide array of options. So the next time your remote decides to play hide and seek, remember this guide and save yourself from unnecessary stress.