In this article we will tell you how to speed up your windows 8. Here’s the procedure.
Windows 8 is faster than windows 7 and windows XP. Actually on booting the windows 8 is much faster. An easier way to make it faster is to get the solid state drive, shortly known as SSD. When you remove your hard drive of the computer and replace it with the SSD, you will notice that windows 8 is pretty much faster. Not convinced with this speed? Then check out ideas for speeding up the windows 8.
Use Fast Start Up
When you shutdown, the device takes time to boot up on switching it on again. You have to speed up the booting of back up. Fast start up application lets you speed up booting of the back up features of your computer and there by speeds up Windows 8. When you turn on the fast start up feature, what happens is that windows is not booting up from scratch. Only the OS components are needed for windows start up are booted. If you have not enabled this, then your system would be slow. Enable it using the following steps.
- Go to the control panel—->power options
- Choose what the power button does
- Scroll down from there and Turn of Fast Start Up(recommended)
Optimize the Drives
You have to optimize your drives if you want your Windows 8 to be faster. The optimization process is recommended on a weekly basis.
To enable this follow the following steps:
- Go to My Computer—->Manage Tab
- Click the Optimize Button, you can also click automate optimize
- If you prefer manual optimization click on Change Settings
- Turn off automatic optimization
- Optimizing your drives is a replacement for disk defragmentation
Do Best Performance Adjusting
Disable all the animations, graphics and pictures on windows. They slow down the windows 8. To disable them,
- Go to Control Panel
- Select all control panel systems
- Go to system—–>Click Advance System Settings
- In the system properties dialog, click the advanced tab.
- Click Settings
- Click on the Adjust for Best Performance
Disable Start Up Items
All the Windows are slowed down by the start up items. Windows 8 is no exception, and that means you need to disable the start up items that are useless. You would not be using MSCONFIG. The startup items in the task manager is to be used instead of the MSCONFIG. When you disable the start up items, your system will not boot the items that are not at all necessary for starting the windows.
As a result, your windows 8 will be faster and speedier. Another thing is you will be able to see the startup score. If you are wondering what it is, your windows will actually show you what item delays the windows 8 to what extent. You can disable such items. Give importance in closing of these items. Closing the Apps.
If you have a large number of metro apps running, then your windows will be slow. So, you need to keep an eye on the metro apps.
To do it simply,o the left side of the screen and you will be able to see the apps running. Right click on the apps and close them.
- Go to PC settings—–>Click General
- Go to App Switching and
- Delete History
You will be able to click all the currently opened apps this way. If not all, you would be able to close all the apps, you can close at least 80%. Following these easy tips, you would be able to make your windows 8 work much faster.
- Reset Local Admin Password Windows 8
- How to Install Windows 8 on a Mac
- How to Pin Files to Start Screen in Windows 8
- How to Create Windows 8 Bootable DVD