In this age of on-demand entertainment and streaming services, we often wish to record our favorite shows, live events, and sports to watch at our convenience. In this article, we’ll discuss in-depth how to record on YouTube TV, and explore its recording functionalities. Let’s start with the basics.
Table of Contents
How to Record a Show on YouTube TV
Recording a show on YouTube TV is surprisingly simple and straightforward. To record a show, follow these steps:
- Open YouTube TV and navigate to the “Live” tab. This tab lists all the shows currently being aired live.
- Search for the show you wish to record. If it’s not currently live, you can search for it in the “Search” tab.
- Once you locate the show, click on it. You’ll see an option named “+ Add to Library.”
- Click on “+ Add to Library.” This effectively sets up the recording for that show.
This process on how to record on YouTube TV will automatically record all future episodes of that show, even if the time or day it’s aired changes.
How Does YouTube TV Recording Work
So, how does YouTube TV recording work? When you choose to add a show, movie, event, or even a sports team to your library, YouTube TV will automatically record all upcoming instances. The recorded content will be stored under “Library” in the “Recordings” section.
What’s interesting is that YouTube TV’s Cloud DVR, unlike traditional DVR services, has unlimited storage. It stores your recordings for nine months, allowing you to keep a vast library of your favorite content. Remember, understanding how to record on YouTube TV is the first step to maximize this feature.
How to Record Live Shows on YouTube TV
Recording live shows on YouTube TV follows a similar process to the one outlined earlier. Suppose you’re watching a live event like the Oscars or a live sports game, and you realize you’d like to record it. Here’s how to record live shows on YouTube TV:
- While you’re watching the live show, click on the screen to bring up the playback options.
- Click on the “+ Add to Library” option.
- This will begin the recording of the live show, and it will be added to your library for later viewing.
It’s important to note that when you learn how to record on YouTube TV, any show or event you begin to record will be recorded from the point you clicked “+ Add to Library,” not from the start of the program.
How To Watch YouTube TV Recordings
After learning how to record on YouTube TV, the next natural step is to watch these recordings. To access and view your recordings:
- Go to the “Library” tab on your YouTube TV interface.
- Here, you’ll find three sections: “New Recordings,” “Scheduled Recordings,” and “Shows.”
- The “New Recordings” section contains all your most recent recordings. Click on any to play them.
- “Scheduled Recordings” show any shows or events you’ve added to your library that have not yet aired.
- The “Shows” section categorizes your recordings by the show name for easy access.
How To Delete Recordings on YouTube TV
To keep your library organized, you might want to delete some recordings after you’ve watched them. Here’s how to delete recordings on YouTube TV:
- Navigate to the “Library” tab.
- Go to “Shows,” “Movies,” or “Events” to locate the recording you want to remove.
- Click on the recording, then select “Remove.”
You’ll notice a “Recording options” tab while viewing your recorded shows. Here, you can choose between different versions of the recording if available.
What Benefits Does YouTube TV’s DVR Offer
Now that you know how to record on YouTube TV, let’s explore some benefits of YouTube TV’s DVR:
- Unlimited Storage: YouTube TV’s Cloud DVR offers unlimited storage for your recordings. This means you can record to your heart’s content without worrying about running out of space.
- Nine-Month Storage Duration: YouTube TV stores your recordings for nine months. That’s ample time to catch up on your favorite shows.
- Simultaneous Recordings: There’s no limit to the number of shows or events you can record simultaneously. This is especially beneficial if multiple shows air at the same time.
- User-Specific Libraries: If you’re on a family plan, each user gets their unique DVR library. This keeps your recordings separate and organized.
In conclusion, the process of how to record on YouTube TV is straightforward, intuitive, and user-friendly. Whether it’s recording your favorite shows, live events, or sports games, YouTube TV’s powerful DVR service with unlimited storage and nine months of storage duration offers a seamless experience. From setting up recordings, watching your saved content, to maintaining an organized library, every feature is designed to enhance user convenience. So, now that you’re well-versed with how to record on YouTube TV, make the most of your viewing experience by ensuring you never miss any content that matters to you. Happy viewing!