As a host of a Zoom meeting, there may be times when you need to mute everyone to minimize background noise or to take control of the conversation. Fortunately, Zoom has a built-in feature that allows you to mute everyone with just a few clicks. Here’s how to mute everyone on Zoom:
- Click on the “Manage Participants” button: This button is located in the bottom toolbar of the Zoom window.
- Select “More”: This option is located at the bottom of the Participants panel.
- Click on “Mute All”: This will mute everyone in the meeting except for you, as the host.
- Unmute specific participants if necessary: If there are specific participants who need to speak, you can unmute them individually by hovering over their name in the Participants panel and clicking the “Unmute” button.
- Consider enabling “Mute Upon Entry”: As mentioned earlier, you can also enable the “Mute Upon Entry” feature so that participants are automatically muted when they join the meeting.
It’s important to note that when you mute everyone on Zoom, they will receive a notification that they have been muted. You can also choose to allow participants to unmute themselves, or you can keep them muted until you’re ready to hear from them.
By muting everyone on Zoom, you can help ensure that the meeting runs smoothly without any interruptions or distractions. It’s a useful feature that can help you stay in control of the conversation and make the most of your time together.
Tips To Optimize Zoom Audio Settings for Better Performance