If you frequently use your printer and want to get rid of purchasing ink again and again then learn here how to make printer ink on your own.
It is possible to make your own black printer ink as the process is pretty straight-forward. It is an inexpensive way which can be quite enjoyable. The process of making homemade ink can be a satisfying experience especially if you have an interest in scrape booking or stamping. Although black printer ink is widely available, it is still worth trying to make your own ink. There can be financial benefits which are associated with homemade ink.
Black printer ink is the most used one on everyday level. That is why millions of cartridges are filled up every day. Billions are spent on buying the same. You must be one of those who have to spend on buying black printer ink quite often if you use your printer frequently.
- You are going to need a container for making homemade ink. You should be too much attached to the container as the container is bound to change its colour. The container must have a lid which closes tightly. You need to close the lid tightly. You may choose a plastic container which is not too brittle.
- You will require having 8 ounces of honey which should be mixed with one egg yolk. The next ingredient to be mixed with the same is gum Arabic (1/4 of an ounce). Now you should take one plate to hold it on one lighted candle. This will create one black greasy substance on the plate’s bottom.
- The mixture of honey should be used now to collect the black substance. When you mix a small amount of the mix with the black grease, it gets more convenient to collect the same. The black substance should now be mixed with what you have already made with egg yolk, gum Arabic and honey.
- You may require mixing some water so that the mix get smoother as you mix it. A smooth blending is required in all the above mentioned process. There should not be any sort of lump in any mix you make. You may prefer using an electronic blender to prepare the mix. The entire mix which can now be called black ink should be stored in a container with its lit tightly placed.
- Additionally, if you need blue ink, you are going to need laundry bluing as an essential ingredient for homemade ink. Landry bluing can be purchased from any store which sells such laundry detergent. You have to put some of the laundry bluing in the container. You should add sufficient water for making the colour more intense.
It is not so difficult to prepare homemade black ink for your printer. The process is quite simple and does not require fancy ingredients. A simple procedure like putting a plate on a lighted candle will give you the source carbon required for the ink. You have to dilute the same with a liquefied substance so that you get the ink in liquid form. Otherwise, the print will not be able to use it properly.