In this article we will tell you how to install Ableton Plug-ins. Here’s the complete details about it:
Ableton AG is well known as the Berlin-Based software company developing software enhancing music. It produces and then distributes various LIVE performances. It is headquartered in Berlin (Germany) and was founded in the year 1999. VST (Virtual studio Technology) – is one of the unique integrated software which works around the lines of the audio synthesizer via various plugins. There is a plethora of plug-ins which are available but one need to gauge the importance before implementing it.
So, how do you install Ableton plugins? The solution for the question lies in the following steps mentioned below-
- To begin with you will have to create the directory for the VST plug-ins. For Macintosh users the instruction is that they can skip the step as it’s not essential but for other operating systems like Windows it’s mandatory.
- You will have to go to the ableton –preferences you should go to the “file Folder” option and click on the tab. You should ensure that the “use VST plug-in Custom folder is switched on and then click on the browse option for selecting the folder. When it’s done click on the rescan option for making sure that the changes which has been implemented are refreshed or not.
- On windows, VST plug-ins is installed to the location referred as “C:VST plug-ins” by the default or at the location “C:VST plug-ins (64 bit)” for the 64 bit plug-ins.
- In case of the Mac OS X, the VST is stored as the location directory (/library/Audio/plug-INS/VST).
- Then you should open the plug-in tab. In this the user should click on the icon which displays as the plug-in tab. It will be presenting all the plug-in’s list available on the Ableton and on the computer. It is a standard set protocol.
- After the above action, you will have to double-click on the instrument of the plug-in in the list which is with you and then add it to the specified track. Then you will have to proceed further with the VST pre-set which appears on the bottom panel. When you click on it, the combo box provides you with the option of selecting preset bundle which has already been there in the VST.
- Up next you will have to open the editor for the VST to customize it. Plug-ins of the VST comes with the built-in customs screens for editing. They do have some extra helps and knobs readily available. For opening the soda synth editor you will have to click on the icon and when you do so you will be given the access to the help provided for implementation.
- Then you can adjust the parameters according to yourself for the inside of the ableton. It opens the plug-in area where you can set the automation curves along with the MIDI mappings with the parameter.
- After that you can create the MIDI portion and then track which you added to the soda synth VST instrument and either record through your MIDI keyboard. You can also add some chorus or delay effects and can use the effects of the live Ableton.