Have you ever needed to insert a PDF file into a Google Doc, only to find that it’s not as simple as copying and pasting? You’re not alone. Inserting a PDF into a Google Doc can be a bit tricky, but it’s definitely possible. In this article, we’ll walk you through the various methods of inserting a PDF into a Google Doc, including converting the PDF into an editable Google Docs file, emailing a Google Doc in PDF format, inserting a PDF as an image, and adding a PDF to a Google Doc with a sharable link.
How to Insert PDF into Google Doc
Inserting a PDF into a Google Doc may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools and techniques, it can be a simple process. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open your Google Doc and place your cursor where you want the PDF to be inserted.
- Click on “Insert” in the top menu bar and select “Image.”
- In the “Insert Image” dialog box, click on “Upload from computer.”
- Select the PDF file from your computer and click “Open.”
- The PDF will now be inserted into your Google Doc as an image. You can resize the image by clicking on the corners and dragging them to the desired size.
- If you want to add text on top of the PDF image, you can do so by placing your cursor on top of the image and clicking “Insert” > “Text box.”
- Type your text and adjust the font size, color, and alignment as desired.
It’s important to note that inserting a PDF as an image will not allow you to edit the content of the PDF directly within the Google Doc. If you need to edit the content, you will need to convert the PDF into an editable Google Docs file, as discussed in the next section.
How To Convert A PDF Into an Editable Google Docs File
If you need to edit the content of a PDF within your Google Doc, you will need to convert the PDF into an editable Google Docs file. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Google Drive and upload the PDF file you want to convert.
- Right-click on the PDF file and select “Open with” > “Google Docs.”
- The PDF will now be converted into an editable Google Docs file.
- You can now edit the content of the PDF directly within the Google Doc.
- Once you have made your edits, you can save the file as a PDF again by clicking “File” > “Download” > “PDF Document (.pdf).”
It’s important to note that the conversion process may not be perfect and may result in some formatting changes or errors. Make sure to double-check the converted file to ensure accuracy.
If you have a complex PDF with lots of graphics or tables, the conversion process may not be sufficient, and you may need to manually recreate the content in Google Docs.
Overall, converting a PDF into an editable Google Docs file can be a great solution if you need to make changes to the content of a PDF without having to start from scratch.