If you’re anything like me, you love cookies. But if you’re using a Mac, you might not know how to enable cookies. Thankfully, it’s a pretty simple process. Here’s how to do it:
How to enable cookies on Mac
Here’s how to enable cookies on a Mac:
- Open Safari.
- Click Preferences in the Safari menu.
- Click the Privacy tab at the top of the Preferences window.
- In the “Cookies and website data” section, select “Allow from websites I visit”.
- Close the Preferences window to save your changes.
How to disable cookies on Mac
In Safari, select Preferences from the Safari drop-down menu.
In the Privacy tab, uncheck the Block all cookies checkbox.
Close the Preferences window.
How to clear cookies on Mac
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer by websites that you visit. They are used to remember certain preferences and information about your visit, which can make your next visit more convenient and efficient. However, cookies can also be used to track your browsing habits and even collect personal information. For these reasons, you may want to clear cookies from your Mac from time to time.
Here’s how to clear cookies on a Mac:
- Open the Safari browser.
- Click on the Safari menu at the top of the screen and select Preferences.
- In the Preferences window, click on the Privacy tab.
- Under the Cookies and Website Data section, click on the button that says Remove All Website Data.
- In the pop-up window that appears, click Remove Now to confirm that you want to delete all cookies from your Mac.
How to manage cookies on Mac
Depending on which browser you use, cookies are either enabled by default or they need to be turned on manually. Here’s how to enable or disable cookies in the most popular browsers on Mac.
- Open Safari.
- Choose Preferences from the Safari menu, then click Privacy.
- Select Block all cookies or Allow from websites I visit.
- Open Chrome.
- In the top right corner of the browser, click the Chrome menu icon.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu that appears, then scroll down and click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.
- Under Privacy, click Content settings…
How to set cookie preferences on Mac
Safari offers different options for cookies. You can decide which websites are allowed to set cookies, and you can delete any existing cookies.
Open Safari and choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
Click the Privacy tab.
To see which websites have stored cookies on your computer, click Details.
If you want to remove all cookies set by all websites, click Remove All Website Data, then click Done.
If you want to prevent certain websites from setting cookies on your computer, select Block from the When visiting other websites drop-down menu next to the website in the Details dialog box.
If you want to allow or block cookies only from certain websites, add or edit the website in the Website field in the Details dialog box, then choose Block or Allow from the When visiting other websites drop-down menu.
How to block cookies on Mac
Blocking cookies on your Mac can help prevent websites from tracking your browsing habits. You can choose to block all cookies, or only third-party cookies. This article will show you how to block cookies on Safari and Chrome.
- Open Safari and click on the Safari menu.
- Click Preferences and then Privacy.
- Under Block cookies, select “From third party websites”.
- Close the Preferences window.
- Open Chrome and click on the Chrome menu.
- Click Preferences and then Privacy & Security.
- Under Cookies, select “Block all cookies”.
- Close the Preferences window
How to delete cookies on Mac
In Safari, cookies are stored on your computer in a file called Cookies.plist. You can delete this file to remove all the cookies that Safari has stored on your computer.
- Open Safari and choose Preferences from the Safari menu.
- Click the Privacy icon.
- Click the Details button next to Cookies and website data.
- Select one or more websites, then click Remove or Delete to confirm.
How to troubleshoot cookie issues on Mac
Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on your computer to remember information about you and your preferences. Most browsers allow cookies by default, but you can usually change your browser settings to remove or reject cookies if you prefer.
If you’re having trouble logging in or accessing a website after clearing your cookies, you may need to change your browser settings. Check the support website for your browser to learn how to do this.
If you still can’t access the website, there may be a problem with the website itself. Try contacting the website’s owner or customer support for help.