Managing the storage on your iPhone is important to ensure that your device runs smoothly and efficiently. One way to free up storage space is by regularly emptying the trash on your iPhone. The trash folder contains deleted files, such as emails, voice memos, and photos, which are still taking up space on your device. In this guide, we will explain how to empty the trash on your iPhone for different types of files, including emails, voice memos, and apps. By following these simple steps, you can keep your iPhone clutter-free and optimize its performance.
How to Empty Trash Photos on iPhone
If you want to empty the trash folder for your photos on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Albums screen until you see the “Recently Deleted” album. Tap on it.
- In the Recently Deleted album, you’ll see all the photos and videos that you’ve deleted within the last 30 days.
- Tap “Select” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the photos you want to permanently delete by tapping on them. You can select multiple photos at once.
- Once you have selected all the photos you want to delete, tap “Delete” at the bottom of the screen.
- You’ll see a pop-up asking if you want to delete the selected items permanently. Tap “Delete [number] Items” to confirm.
That’s it! The photos you selected will be permanently deleted and removed from your iPhone. Remember, once you permanently delete them, there’s no way to get them back, so be sure you really want to delete them before you do so.