Here’s the step by step procedure to how to download Windows 8 release preview.
The next generation of operating system from Microsoft i.e. Windows 8 is finally here. You may taste it even before it is commercially released by downloading the Release Preview version. This Release Preview is supposedly a refined version of the Consumer Preview version which was released earlier this year. Though you may face compatibility issues with some of your apps, but the interface will definitely amaze you. Microsoft has incorporated the famous Metro UI in Windows 8, which is pretty much similar to the interface we saw on Windows Phone 7.5
In order to run Windows 8, your computer must fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB for the 32-bit version or 2 GB for the 64-bit version
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for the 32-bit version or 20 GB for the 64-bit version
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 compatible graphics device with WDDM driver
Below is a step by step guide assisting you on how to download this Windows 8 Release Preview. Just follow these steps and you will have no problems downloading it:
- This Release can be downloaded from Microsoft’s own website. Go to the following link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-preview
- You may be asked to install Silverlight (if you do not already have it on your computer) in order to watch an interactive video on Windows 8. I would recommend you to watch the video in order to have a glimpse of Windows 8 prior to the download.
- Now click on the ‘Get it now’ button.
- In order to get all Windows 8 related news directly delivered to your email, you can enter your details and subscribe to their newsletter. (This is an optional step.)
- Now click on ‘Download Windows 8 Release Preview’ button.
- Now you will be prompted to download the Windows 8 Release Preview upgrade assistant. Download it to your PC. After successful download run the software.
- Make sure to allow this software through your Windows’ firewall as well as your anti-virus’ firewall. It will take some time for it to check for your applications’ and devices’ compatibility with Windows 8 release Preview. So please be patient.
- After it has checked the compatibility it will give you a list of compatible as well as non-compatible applications and devices. You may have a look at the compatibility details by clicking on ‘See compatibility details’ link. (It is very important to consider compatibility issues with some application and soft wares which are non-compatible as you will tend to lose the functionality of these softwares once you have installed the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.)
- Once you are satisfied with the details and are ready to continue, click the ‘Next’ button. Now the software will access and give you a valid product key. Please make sure to note it down because you may need while installing the Windows.
- Now click the ‘Next’ button. Your download will start very soon.
- Once your download is complete you can install it easily by following the on-screen instructions and procedure
NOTE: Before downloading and installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview on your system, please ensure that your system fulfills the above mentioned requirements, and that all your important applications and softwares are compatible with Windows 8.In case any application is not compatible with Windows, then you will lose all the functionality of that incompatible software.