Have you ever wished that you could change the color of your apps to make your phone look more personalized and unique? If so, you’re not alone. Many people are looking for ways to customize their phone’s appearance, and changing app colors is a great way to do just that. In this article, we’ll explore different methods for changing app colors on both iOS and Android devices. We’ll also discuss why customizing your home screen is a great idea and how to do it in a way that reflects your personal style.
How to Change Color of Apps on iPhone
As mentioned earlier, changing the color of your apps and invert the colors on an iPhone is relatively easy. However, there are limitations to this method. If you want to customize the color of each individual app, you’ll need to use third-party apps or shortcuts.
One popular third-party app for changing app colors is “Color Widgets.” Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install “Color Widgets” from the App Store.
- Open the app and choose a widget size.
- Select the widget type and customize the colors and text.
- Tap “Save” and add the widget to your home screen.
- Long press on the app you want to change the color of and select “Edit Home Screen.”
- Tap on the app icon and select “Choose Photo.”
- Choose the screenshot of the widget you created and adjust it to fit the icon shape.
By following these steps, you can customize the color of individual app icons to create a unique and personalized homescreen.
How to Change the Color of Your Apps in Settings
While changing the color of your apps in the Settings app on an iPhone has limitations, it’s still a good place to start. Here’s a step-by-step guide to changing the appearance of your apps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Display & Brightness.”
- Select either “Light” or “Dark” appearance, depending on your preference.
- Go back to your home screen, and you’ll notice that your app icons have changed color to match the appearance you chose.
Note that this method only changes the color of the app icons based on the appearance you choose. If you want more customization options, you’ll need to use third-party apps or shortcuts.
However, there are other ways to customize the color of your apps in the Settings app. Here are some tips:
- Choose a wallpaper that complements the color of your app icons. You can find a wide range of wallpapers in the Settings app under “Wallpaper.”
- Use folders to organize your apps by color. For example, you can create a folder for all your social media apps and use a red color for the folder icon to represent the social media theme.
- Use widgets to add color to your home screen. Widgets are small apps that display information, and they come in a range of sizes and colors. To add a widget, long press on your home screen and select “Edit Home Screen.”
By using these tips, you can customize the color of your apps and create a cohesive look for your home screen that reflects your personal style. While these methods may not give you complete control over the color of individual app icons, they do provide a good starting point for customizing your phone’s appearance.