“Clash of Clans” has become one of the most iconic and enduring mobile games in recent history. As players invest time, energy, and sometimes even real money into their virtual villages and armies, there’s one element that some wish to change after a while: their username. Whether it’s because the name you chose in haste no longer represents your gaming persona, or you’ve inherited a village from a friend, knowing how to change the name in “Clash of Clans” can be crucial. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to make this change.
Understanding Name Changes in Clash of Clans
Before diving into the “how,” it’s essential to understand the “why” and the “when.” Initially, “Clash of Clans” did not allow players to change their names. However, due to growing demand, Supercell, the game’s developer, introduced this feature in one of their updates. But, there are limitations:
- You can change your name only once.
- The change option becomes available when your village reaches level 5.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Change Name in Clash of Clans
- Reach Level 5: If you’re new to “Clash of Clans”, you’ll need to play the game and upgrade your village until you reach level 5. This is a precautionary measure by Supercell to prevent misuse of the name change feature.
- Access the Game Settings: On the main screen of your village, look for the ‘settings’ icon – it looks like a gear. Tap on it to open the game’s settings.
- Look for the “Change Name” Option: Inside the settings menu, there should be a “Change Name” button. If your village is above level 5 and you haven’t changed your name before, this option should be visible.
- Follow the On-screen Instructions: Once you tap on “Change Name”, the game will provide you with a set of instructions. Carefully read through these as they’ll guide you on how to change your name in “Clash of Clans”.
- Choose Wisely: Remember, you get only one shot at this. Make sure the name you’re selecting is something you’re comfortable with, as it will be permanent.
- Finalize the Change: After you’ve entered your new name, the game will ask you to confirm the change by asking you to enter “CONFIRM” in a text box. This step ensures that players don’t accidentally change their names.
What if You’ve Already Changed Your Name?
As we’ve mentioned, the game officially allows only one name change. But, what if you’re desperate to change your name again? There’s been a lot of discussion among the “Clash of Clans” community regarding this. Some players have reported success in changing their names by contacting Supercell’s customer support. This is not a guaranteed method, but if you have a compelling reason, it’s worth a shot.
Tips on Choosing the Right Name in Clash of Clans
Now that you know how to change your name in “Clash of Clans”, let’s talk about choosing the right name.
- Avoid Offensive Language: Supercell has strict community guidelines. Any name that’s deemed offensive can lead to account suspension.
- Think Long-term: While it might be tempting to choose a trendy or meme-based name now, consider how it might feel a year or two down the line.
- Reflect Your Persona: Your name is your identity in the “Clash of Clans” world. It should reflect your gaming persona or play style.
- Keep It Unique: Having a unique name helps in differentiating you from the millions of other players.
“Clash of Clans” offers a vast world of strategy, alliance, and competition. Your name is your identity in this world, and it’s understandable if you wish to change it as you evolve in the game. Now that you know how to change your name in “Clash of Clans”, you can ensure that your virtual representation aligns with your current gaming spirit. Whether you’re a clan leader, a war strategist, or a casual player, let your name be a badge of honor in the realms of Clash!