If you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for ways to make your presentations more engaging. And what’s more engaging than audio? Adding audio to your Google Slides presentations is a great way to add some extra pizzazz. Here’s how to do it:
Adding audio to Google Slides: the basics
Adding audio to Google Slides is a great way to add some additional interest and engagement to your presentation.
The process is actually pretty simple. First, make sure you have a compatible audio file. Google Slides accepts the following file formats: .mp3, .m4a, .wav, and .ogg.
Once you have a compatible audio file, go to Insert > Audio in the top menu bar. This will open up a sidebar where you can then select your audio file from your computer.
Once your audio file is inserted into your presentation, you can then adjust some playback settings by right-clicking on the audio icon and selecting Audio options. Here you can choose to play the audio automatically when the slide starts, loop the audio playback, or hide the icon during playback.
And that’s it! You’ve now added audio to your Google Slide presentation.
How to add audio files from your computer to Google Slides
Audio can make your presentation more engaging, help you control the pacing of your content, and make transitions smoother. You can add audio from your computer or from the internet.
To add audio from your computer:
- Open a presentation in Google Slides.
- Click Insert Audio.
- Select the audio file you want to insert. To use an online audio file, click URL.
- Enter the URL of the audio file you want to use and click Insert.
- To change how the audio file starts or ends, or to add an effect: Click Playback Edit Playback .
How to add audio files from online sources to Google Slides
Adding audio files from online sources to your Google Slides presentation can be a great way to add interest and engagement for your audience. To add audio from an online source:
- Go to the slide where you want to add the audio clip.
- In the toolbar, click the “Insert” menu, then select “Audio.”
- In the “Insert Audio” window that appears, select the “From URL” tab.
- Paste the URL of the audio file you want to insert into the “File URL” field.
- Click the “Select” button.
- The audio file will be inserted into your slide!
How to record audio directly into Google Slides
Google Slides allows you to record audio directly into your presentation. This is a great way to add narration or commentary to your slides.
To record audio in Google Slides:
- Open the presentation in Google Slides.
- Click the Insert menu, then click Record Audio.
- A popup window will appear. Click the Record button to start recording.
- When you’re finished, click the Stop button.
- Your recording will be inserted into the current slide as an audio file.
Tips and tricks for adding audio to Google Slides
Whether you’re using Google Slides for a business presentation or school project, you may want to add audio to your slides to add more interest or emphasis to certain points. Fortunately, Google Slides makes it easy to do this with just a few clicks. Here are some tips and tricks for adding audio to your Google Slides.
- To add audio from your computer, click the “Insert” tab and then click “Audio.”
- To add audio from YouTube, click the “Insert” tab, click “Media,” and then paste the URL of the YouTube video into the box that appears.
- To record your own audio, click the “Insert” tab and then click “Record Audio.” This will open a new window where you can record your voice.
- To add audio from Google Drive, click the “Insert” tab, click “Drive,” and then select the file you want to insert.
- If you want your audio to play automatically when someone views your slide, go to “File” and then check the box next to “Auto-play.”
How to add audio to Google Slides on mobile
You can add audio to Google Slides on your mobile device by inserting an audio file from your Google Drive, or by recording a new audio clip directly in the app.
To add an audio file from your Google Drive:
- Open the Google Slides app and open the presentation you want to edit.
- Tap on the slide where you want to insert the audio file.
- In the bottom toolbar, tap on the Insert icon (it looks like a plus sign).
- From the menu that appears, tap on Audio.
- Tap on Choose from Drive, and select the audio file you want to insert.
- Tap on Insert to add the file to your slide.
To record a new audio clip:
Open the Google Slides app and open the presentation you want to edit.
Tap on the slide where you want to record the audio clip.
In the bottom toolbar, tap on the Insert icon (it looks like a plus sign).
FAQs about adding audio to Google Slides
To add audio to a Google Slide, first open the presentation in Google Slides. Next, click on the slide you want to add audio to. Then, click on the Insert tab and select Audio.
You can then choose to either upload an audio file from your computer or record a new audio clip. Once you’ve selected or recorded your audio clip, it will be inserted into your slide.
To playback the audio clip, simply click on the play button that appears on the slide. You can also control playback by clicking on the Audio icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
FAQs about adding audio to Google Slides:
Can I add more than one audio clip to a slide?
Yes, you can add multiple audio clips to a single slide if desired. To do this, simply repeat the steps above for each additional audio clip you want to insert.
Can I add audio to more than one slide?
Yes, you can add audio to multiple slides if desired. To do this, simply repeat the steps above for each additional slide you want to insertaudio into.
Do I need to be connected to the internet to add or playback audio?
No, you do not need an internet connection to add or playback audio in Google Slides. However, you will need an internet connection if you want to record a newaudio clip directly within Google Slides (as opposed to uploading a pre-recorded clip).
Troubleshooting tips for adding audio to Google Slides
If you’re having trouble adding audio to your Google Slides presentation, there are a few things you can try:
- irst, make sure that the audio file you’re trying to use is in a compatible format. Google Slides accepts .mp3, .m4a, and .ogg files.
- If the file is in a compatible format but you’re still having trouble adding it to your presentation, try converting the file to a different format and then trying again.
- Once you’ve added the audio file to your presentation, you may need to adjust the volume levels so that the audio is not too soft or too loud.
- If you’re still having trouble, try contacting Google support for more help.