As we rely more on digital storage for our personal and professional lives, it’s important to have a secure place to store sensitive photos. Google Photos is a popular option for photo storage, but did you know that it also has a Locked Folder feature? In this article, we’ll go through the steps on how to access a locked folder in Google Photos, as well as how to create, move images into, and remove photos from the locked folder.
How to Find Locked Folder in Google Photos
Google Photos is a popular photo storage and management app that offers various features to organize and secure your photos. One such feature is the Locked Folder, which allows you to keep certain photos hidden and protected behind a password. However, the Locked Folder feature is not visible by default, so you may be wondering how to find it in Google Photos. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Photos app on your phone or tablet.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select “Google Photos settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to “Privacy & Sharing” and tap on “Locked Folder”.
- If the feature is not yet enabled, you will be prompted to set up the Locked Folder. Otherwise, you will be taken to the Locked Folder screen.
Once you have found the Locked Folder, you can start using it to protect your sensitive photos.
How to create the locked folder
Creating a locked folder can be a useful way to keep sensitive or personal files and documents secure. Here’s how you can create a locked folder on your computer:
- Choose the location: Select the location where you want to create the locked folder. You can create the folder anywhere on your computer, such as the desktop or a specific folder.
- Create a new folder: Right-click on the location and select “New Folder.” Give the folder a name that you will remember.
- Add your files: Move the files you want to lock into the new folder.
- Lock the folder: There are several ways to lock a folder, but one of the easiest is to use third-party software such as Folder Lock, VeraCrypt, or AxCrypt. These programs allow you to encrypt the folder and protect it with a password. Follow the instructions provided by the software to encrypt and lock your folder.
- Test your folder: Make sure that your locked folder is working correctly by attempting to open it without entering the password. If you are prompted to enter the password, you have successfully locked the folder.
By following these steps, you can create a locked folder to keep your sensitive files and documents safe from prying eyes. Remember to choose a strong password and keep it secure.